Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2016, 07:49 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesday, Jan. 5

Good morning everyone, chillier this morning but think the rain has stop for now.

Eileen it is good they are keeping Sarah and the babies in until they are they are ready to come home. Best for them all. Gives you a chance to recover from all the running around, hope your Mum is ok after the chemo.

LG, glad to hear Fagin's paw is more or less back to normal now. Hope the weather stays fair for a while up there.

June give them a ring about the bones as LG says they will wont rid of them.

Griff, so very well done to you and Deag's on her silver. Do keep well as you can.

Norma, Mandy, Sue, Brenda, Jenny et al, hope you are all coping ok.

Have a good day all, take care, stay warm and dry and safe and well, God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-01-2016, 08:40 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Uplate today so all behind like the cows tail. Dillon sorted as usual first even though I could of murdered a cuppa before starting his breakfast.
Not much on today tackled the house yesterday, must wash bedding and get it dry seems it will be tumble dryer again as it is wet.
And walk Dillon of course.

Eileen sorry Sarah and the babies have to stay for a few more days better safe than sorry though. Enjoy the rest because life will turned upside down when they do all come home.
At Sarah facetiming Lacey.
June if there not begging you to take the bones they are cutting their noses off to spite their faces because you wouldn't risk going out the other week in the horrendous weather.
Good news about Fagins paw LG. And the turkeys.

Hope everyone is well and all doglets too.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-01-2016, 09:52 AM
Not sure if there will be any bones actually, anyway am in the frame of mind to make the phone call at least.
Been heavy rain overnight, again. Dry cold morning though and beds were dry as well, so thats 2 mornings on the run when I haven't had to turf the whole flaming lot out and start again. Just got the wet parts out, skipped out, swept the standing water down the middle grid, put coal in the bucket and swept the yard. All this before even a cup of tea, as you say Lynn, they get sorted first. They're all settled now for a morning sleep, will take them out if there's no bone run as its a decent morning for it.
Hoping the Hobbitses have a good day, Sarah is feeling better and Mum's chemo session goes well, Eileen. Thinking of you.
Am going to see if I can get this vid of Cesar downloaded somehow as it is really funny
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-01-2016, 10:47 AM
Well it is all over for another year, nice Christmas food all gone, same with the drinks and choccies. Then the big excitement of welcoming in the new year, the same as the year before the BBC showed, in fact it could have even been a repeat of last time with the London firework display. So what are we left with now? no food in fridge- no drinks cooling down- empty bottles in the dustbin- xmass tress at the local dump. No Christmas cards littering up the place and visitors gone. |Kids toys no longer played with and stuffed into a cupboard out of sight.

Isn't it nice to get back to normal again ,such as weekly shopping (sue's dept)- car cleaning weather permitting which we can now freely moan about how misearble the weather has turned out to be.

Next is the summer holiday to plan for, oops no money left after the festivities and those credit cards to pay off. Oh well lets forget about summer hollidays for the time being then.

Happy new year all
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2016, 10:59 AM
Morning all,
thanks for the congrats for Deags...she is a bright little thing..despite me being adamant she is a bimbo Lol
Moyra, this is the stuff i was on about for your carpet...not the most attractive thing but if it would enable you to use your walker might be worth considering
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/37120...s=true&ff13=80
Lynn, i have never heard that saying before....did make me laugh
TW, hope they have some bones for you
Lacey, hope your mums session goes well today and i am very pleased the bears arrived...hope they help the babies sleep, i am sure the little ones and sarah will be home before you know it. Awww how sweet, facetiming princess lacey...lovely
LG, you are right...i am best off avoiding my family...it is all so complicated and invariably someone is always not speaking to one of the others and you then get a rollocking for talking to the one the others aren't....madness, think they forget they are adults Lol
Tumbleweed, fear not, tesco were already selling cream eggs and egg and spoons...not to mention the valentines cards Lol
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-01-2016, 11:15 AM
Yes there are bones, bit offhand with me,but so what. I said good job I rang then as I was thinking there wouldn't be any and she said well there is. Am getting going whilst we've got a dry day then I'll miss the later traffic as well. Got petrol and full tank of lpg.
T'weed, you are sooo right, I'm starting a saving session now to finish the kitchen off, there's a fiver in it so far
Griff, I find old sheets just as good and the bonus is you can shake them out and pop them in the washer, I've a cupboard full of stuff like that as the neighbours pass things onto me as well, I've got the rubber matting in the back of the car with a couple of old duvet covers on the top,and then some in the front room when I take the girls in and out. They all go in the washer every couple of days and fresh ones go down
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2016, 11:25 AM
I cannot put old covers down as I would probably trip over them, I am not steady enough on my feet. I used to have a run of that plastic once upon a time, don't remember what happened to it.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-01-2016, 11:31 AM
The plastic runner will more than likely help keep the mud and leaves away then, and mean you could use your walker if not the scooter
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2016, 11:42 AM
i think when we get a new carpet put down i will have to get one of those plastic runner things...i will just run it from the front door into the living room a couple of feet as when i come back from walking kota in the drier weather i don't take my shoes/boots off (naughty aren't i lol)
just plugged the landline in to try my aunty..she isn't home so i will have to try her later.... will do the bits and bobs i want to do first as i haven't spoken to her since before christmas
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-01-2016, 12:00 PM
Good day all, Just popped in to change before going out with the Mem, she insists that I make the effort to look even just a little human! lol !
Hope bone runs/carpet runners/dog walks et al, go swiftly and smoothly and the weather stays decent for everyone.
See you all later, bye fer now.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »