Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jabulani
New Member!
Male 

03-06-2011, 08:20 AM

Eye op

Hi all
Am new to this group. Our labby had an op to remove a small growth on her upper eyelid two days ago. She came home same evening. Normally never makes a sound, but whined and wimpered all night and all day yesterday. Hates the buster collar, so we took it off and just watched her closely. Hardly slept. Yesterday evening had her supper but brought it all up a couple of hours later. Immediately was calmer and stopped whining and slept all night. Seems OK this morning. Could her medication ( carprieve and ceporex tabs) have given her an upset tummy?
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 11:51 AM
Can I suggest you ask your vet this question? They would be qualified to answer.......
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 06:47 PM
Could be medication or because she had a GA but best to ask Vet. Hope she had a good day.
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 07:43 PM
The vomiting could be due to the GA but this usually happens after the first time they eat post op. I would recommend that you phone your vet and speak to them.

Also in regards to the buster collar, I understand that she doesn't like it but you really should persevere with it. You can't watch her 24/7 and stitches in eye wounds are extremely fragile. She will get used to it and better to have her a bit miserable for a few days than have her open up her wound and have to have another surgery to re stitch it, which will end up with her having to wear a collar anyway.