Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
fix
Dogsey Junior
Male 

28-11-2008, 10:44 PM

How to get engine oil off my dog

I know I know it's not good but my dog has engine oil on its paws,there was some in my garden and shes managed to knock a barrel over and walk in it.

She's walked into my house and ruined my carpet but I was going to replace it soon anyway.

It's obviously not good for my dog to have oil on her paws theyre all black!

Anyone know a decent but un harsh way to remove it? Soapy water isn't doing anything
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-11-2008, 11:53 PM
Hi Fix, I would have treated the paws one at a time by rubbing with neat washing up liquid, removing the residue with a paper towel,then washing in a small bowl of warm water taking care the dog doesn't lick the paws. You could also try rubbing a little vegetable oil into the paws again removing the residue on a paper towel.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2008, 11:11 AM
Our Samoyed once lay in a puddle of gear oil.... (as you know Samoyeds only come in white!!)..

We used fairy liquid and cold water from a stand pipe in the middle of a camp site.. it worked too.. made his coat lovely and white..
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2008, 12:52 PM
WD40 ..................spray on then dab off we had a builder walk tar on our carpet we looked it up was told this and it lifted up easy

washing up liquid will make the stain worse on a carpet but might work on the dogs coat
fix
Dogsey Junior
Male 

29-11-2008, 05:27 PM
Many thanks for the replies Ive been out so havent had a chance to do anything yet,but it sounds like washing up liquid is the way to go!

I wont be using wd40 on my dog lol,and ill use carpet cleaner for the carpet