Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2014, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Afternoon Debbie. I need your super duper raincoat to keep my knickers dry after your little rendition.
Keep swilling Moyra.
Lynne mine came from something similar to a pound shop.
Eileen my mum knows she wants be buried with my dad it was originally with my sister but the amount of time allowed for that on the plot has run out and the way she is going it will of run out on dads plot too.

Its a good job Gordon is made of stern stuff or else he would be running for there hills the way we are carrying on today.
Seriously Lynn Time runs out on the plots?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-04-2014, 03:27 PM
It did on my sisters and I think my dads has a time limit.
Different parts of the country and different burial places may differ of course.
I think the time limit on Angela's plot was 35 years. She was buried 1961 If I remember correctly and dad died 1998 when mum looked in to burying him there she was told she couldn't as the time limit was up. No one else can be buried there either. I mean like strangers.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-04-2014, 03:35 PM
Finally ploughed my way through the 8 pages in between fielding phone calls, forwarding emails and receiving more emails in the process. All good stuff though.
Wellllll I'm like DD, (not in the Funny Farm though) and I have to swing 'them' over my shoulders so maybe the Asda ones will be no good for me
Gordon, the Magic River, is in fact the River Irwell, remember it, THE most polluted river, now it is full of life, with herons, kingfishers, ducks, geese, fish. Horses coming down to drink during the summer, very very different from the piccies I have of it during the early 1900's in this area, which had a bleach works, brick factory and mills alongside the river, plus the paper works of course, all long gone now, we still have one mill in the village out of about 3.
I too thought of saying I'd had a Miracle Cure and charging admission, must admit never thought of using my Norty Girlies to control the crowds who would no doubt be massing on the banks only too eager to part with their cash.
It is strange, but true, that my pain in my side has gone, however the water this time of year is somewhat cold, even fully clothed as I was, so shudder (and shiver) to think what immersion in one's Birthday Suit would do to an ancient golden oldie like meself
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2014, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
It did on my sisters and I think my dads has a time limit.
Different parts of the country and different burial places may differ of course.
I think the time limit on Angela's plot was 35 years. She was buried 1961 If I remember correctly and dad died 1998 when mum looked in to burying him there she was told she couldn't as the time limit was up. No one else can be buried there either. I mean like strangers.
Oh,that's sad Definately not the case in ours.
Not funny I know,but recently a headstone was erected on the wrong grave here So MR ? And family went to put flowers on Margaret's grave for Mother's Day and were greeted with " in loving memory of a loving husband and father,CHARLIE beautiful black marble headstone,which was swiftly removed....oops
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2014, 03:56 PM
I saw an advert the other day for a pot in which you put your ashes in and you bury it in the ground and it has a tree seed? in it and eventually out of your ashes a tree grows!!!

That is the way I am going, UP!!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-04-2014, 03:58 PM
Ooops what a mistake to make.
June I think Gordon's idea could be a money spinner.
I have seen that idea Debbie and liked it.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2014, 04:03 PM
Thinking TW and GORDON,could go into partnership with this miracle water idea Maybe call it TAWNDON OR GORTAWN!! I'd buy some
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-04-2014, 04:14 PM
Eileen, you've seen the river where I take the girls and what it looks like, what you may have not seen is what it was like 100 years ago. If you fell in it, you would have needed your stomach pumped, it was full of all sorts of chemicals from the factories alongside it, virtually dead, no fish or birds
Here's a piccie from around that time

and the mill that you can see in the piccie, here is some of it at as it is now, at the back of where I sit by the waterfall

Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2014, 04:16 PM
Well I have opted for Antibiotics instead. Just popped up the docs I was lucky as they had a cancellation which I was able to take up.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-04-2014, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Thinking TW and GORDON,could go into partnership with this miracle water idea Maybe call it TAWNDON OR GORTAWN!! I'd buy some
"Tawndon Water - the cure for all ailments"

Put me down for a dozen bottles please.
Page 8 of 20 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 > Last »