Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2008, 12:16 PM

Low flying plane

For the last 10 minuets there has been some moron in a plane repeatedly flying over my house doing acrobatics.

It's engines are real loud and both dogs are trying to get under the desk - they were ok with it just once or twice but they get worried after several times in a row.

It makes me roll my eyes that we can't do stuff like walk our dogs in some area's for whatever reason etc etc, yet you can do acrobatics in a plane right over housing! I always just hope that if the f**ker is going to fall out of the sky that they do it over an empty field - it's crazy.
Navigator
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-04-2008, 02:56 PM
Any body flying low and doing aerobatics over housing here would be met by the police at the airport - and rightly so.

Call the police!

Nav
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2008, 03:02 PM
Have you got something you can spell rude words out on the lawn so he can read them? I agree, call the police.
Becky
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2008, 03:44 PM
i thought people had to be very careful regarding low flying aircraft after that poor woman died after being thrown from her horse.. or maybe it's just the military that have to be careful.. i don't know, but it's quite worrying..
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

26-04-2008, 03:54 PM
All planes have registration numbers. If you can get some video evidence and the registration number, I am sure that the CAA would be interested.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2008, 04:00 PM
Oh the times I've e-mailed Shoreham Airport for this type of moronic behaviour over the top of my house too!!! Grrrrr. I told them they don't impress me one little iota and I also sent them a copy from a Government article I had found on the internet that they are NOT allowed to do this!!! Grrrrrr! My one even had a RED plane would you believe, thought he was the Red Baron or something!!!! E-mail the local airport Mys and get him shopped! This is out of order!

p.s. Log the time and duration too!! All e-mails sent to the Airport have to go through a monthly meeting of some sort and he'll get found out!!!!
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2008, 12:56 PM
lol@mahooli

Thanks everyone, I didn't know you could complain to the local airport - luckily he went away about 10 mins after, it's happened before - if it happens again I will complain

This plane was like one of the red arrows planes so you can imagine how loud the noise was as he was going back and forth spinning around for about 15 minuets non stop and you do kinda get worried they will fall out the sky. We live on a military airbase so we are more than use to the helicopters - but then they arn't doing somersaults or whatever you would call them!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2008, 01:13 PM
It was a jet plane then??? We only have those noisy little bi-planes from Shoreham overhead. Now if I had the jets overhead, then I'd absolutely love watching those and certainly wouldn't be complaining!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2008, 06:45 PM
You should live here....agree that they don't do aerobatics, but they come in soooooooooo low to land at Birmingham airport, every ten mins in the summer months, and they are huge. We are in thier flight path
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-04-2008, 07:08 PM
LOL I know how you feel, our farm is in the flight path for mcConnell air force base we have f16s practicing over us, and you dont hear them till they are already there, made me jump a few times
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >