Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2018, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
i don't need them anymore Chris...luckily! my aunty has just been in touch about my dads brother, he is paranoid schizophrenic, his wife took him to the dr as he is off on one again, he was referred to the crisis team who called off a with held number at a time different to the one they told him (he is paranoid anyway) and then their helpful advise was i he felt he was going to harm himself ....call them back, they didn't even speak with his wife!! does baffle me sometimes what goes on in peoples minds, lets ring up a paranoid man without leaving a number so he can check we are actually who we are supposed to be...take his word that things are o.k and then tell him to call if he feels sucidial...last time he went driving his car at stupid speeds most likely with the hope of crashing...i somehow think making a call will not be top of his agenda
It's just crazy in all fields. The doctors seem to have lost their listening skills and their common sense. I think they only help those that fit into neat little boxes and the rest fall by the wayside unfortunately
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2018, 09:20 PM
He will only need his medication upping...his mum...my nan was paranoid schizophrenic too and the weird stuff we had to endure as kids stays with us now...me, my bro and 2cousins....it is ridiculous that instead of a 5min face to face to say increase tablets everyone else is put at risk... At this moment he is back to thinking work are out to get him...his mobile has been changed yet again so he can't be tracked and sadly we all know the way it's going but can't do a thing about it...I have no clue why his go couldn't do a referral but up his medication in the meantime
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-02-2018, 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Harvey...I know them as glo plugs, and yes sometimes one could be enough to prevent starting...if I recall the land rovers I worked on were linked via a wire and eyelet system. A lot of the customers also didn't realise they should leave the ignition on for a couple of seconds before trying to start the vehicle.
Watched 2films so far....no horror yet, watched ghost thread...worth a watch but an odd film and the shape of water... terrific film odd title and had I not seen a trailer I wouldn't have watched it because of the name
Thanks Griffy, yes I do always wait for the little orange light to go out

Had to smile at you watching these horror movies, they are often repeated so if I'm having my lunch I might see if they are on. With some I get a great laugh out of watching for wobbly sets or some production gaff like the shadow of the camera trolley in picture

Sorry to read about your uncle, I think you've mentioned him before. Understanding how the body works is one thing but understanding how the mind works is a whole different ball game.

OK sleep well everyone bye for now
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2