Anyone know anything about Moyra?
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-02-2018, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Anyone know anything about Moyra?
Hi Brenda and all above

I do hope Moyra is OK, maybe she is letting a few others start the thread since she did it for so long.

Have been absent myself for a couple of days, problems with car (wouldn't start on Tuesday) that had to be the day Mrs. Losos wanted it for a meeting in town

Weather here pretty glum and cold, can't wait for things to warm up

Griff, nice your Mums celebrations went well, I always think of you with a spanner in your hand rather than doing the bread rolls

Well Casey is tucked up in his mobile kennel and Lara asleep in the living room. I found a box in the loft with loads of old papers which must be sorted and mostly shredded.

Good night all
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2018, 11:02 PM
Lol Harvey, much better with a spanner than cooking...I do try but it doesn't really interest me. In the beginning I wasn't allowed to help as apparently I wouldn't butter the bread right??? I had no clue it could be done wrong...out of necessity I got to do it lol
Oh no...nothing too costly I hope?? And hope it's sorted out now.
I detest shredding, I know I shouldn't but I bought a little bucket BBQ and I burn stuff in there...I do like fire lol..I want to get a firepit but can't with the dogs
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-02-2018, 02:30 AM
Evening all - I just love the mental image of Griff buttering bread with a spanner! lol ! Glad all went well for the do, doubtless your Mum enjoyed it.
Harvey I hope the vehicle doesn't make inroads into your capacious wallet - the darn things are a bit of a mystery to me but it always seems that the cost of anything mechanical is approximately three times what I had imagined it to be! Curses! You know just how poor we denizens of the frozen northern wastelands really are, not a pot to pass in as they say!
Besoeker - do take care - we are of a similar age and these passing ailments can be quite nasty, seems the older one gets the longer the recovery time. Get well soon.
Kazz I am another one that you can include in your "Cabbage lovers Club" I will readily eat any variety but absolutely love the hard white cabbage and could make a meal of just that with a good dash of black pepper and topped with a knob of butter.
Brenda it seems we are posting at opposite ends of the day, good borders should stop the Daily Thread from fraying! What you say about decent dog training and control I fully agree with. At six or seven years of age I was frequently sent with one of our older dogs, to move sheep or cattle from one pasture to another. It never occurred to me that this was something special or different as I could never remember not having a dog by my side or not being able to get them to do my bidding. This last sentence brings memories flooding back. My favourite back then was an old tri-colour BC called "Nero" who looked after me wonderfully well, because of course he knew far more about the work than I did. The night he died (14 yrs old as I remember) I slept with him on a big blanket in the kitchens and he slipped away from me as the sun was coming up. I was inconsolable must have cried for a week!
That's enough sadness for tonight - sorry - didn't mean to put a damper on things.
I'll be missing tomorrow probably as the rugby will take up the majority of my leisure time but may pop on later.
Goodnight all and take care.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2