Female 

28-01-2018, 11:37 AM

Daily Thread Sunday 28th January

Good morning everyone

Sorry Brenda I wouldn't wish a cold on anyone

Hi Gordon good to see you are keeping your finger on the pulse up there

Hope all are keeping well

How did your home check go Kazz?

Very miserable here today - damp and overcast. Have made a couple of blackberry and apple pies and apple crumbles as well as a ginger cake.

Have a good day and stay safe
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2018, 11:58 AM
Morning all.

Home checks went well loads to take in. Got another one maybe two this afternoon.

Roast beed for dinner not had beef since beore Chistmas I do not think so looking forward to it.
Sue your ginger cake sounds nice, not a fan of cake but ove the bakeoff programmes and the look of the cakes just not the eating. Not a sweet tooth person.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2018, 12:43 PM
It's been a beautiful morning here, blue skies, sunshine and pretty mild. Also busy today with a lot coming for a day out at the seaside . Long may it last - although that's doubtful as it's forecast rain all day tomorrow.

I'm going to try to get hold of a decorator tomorrow to give me a quote for my son's flat. I'm pretty nervous about it because I've always done the job myself, but I don't think I'm up to it this time around. If whoever I get in does a decent job, then going forward he'll get my bungalow and son's flat every time they want doing
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-01-2018, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Have made a couple of blackberry and apple pies and apple crumbles as well
OMG Sue, my absolute favorites Had a very funny discussion with the nurse in our surgery when she gave me latest blood test results. All OK except the dreaded chorestorol was up. I told her I put cream on my apple pie, she gave me a slap on the wrist

So, if I promise not to put cream on, and you've made a couple, can I have one
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2018, 02:39 PM
Hi LG, i don't have any problems logging in....wonder if that's where everyone has gone
Mm mm cake, i will pop round in a bit Sue lol
Also going to whizz over to Kazz's and will have the roast dinner...minus the roast lol
Chris, hope you find a good work man...so hard to find reliable trades now
Walked the dogs, felt lovely with the sun on my back...then it got windy and grey again lol
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2018, 11:37 PM
Hi everyone
Sorry for not popping on sooner. Liam & Sarah also came for the weekend. So we’ve been out & about yesterday. Then we went for a curry last night & a few drinks.
Today we had a roast beef dinner today, my brother & sis in law came too. There was 8 of us & little Joel too
I was impressed that we fitted everyone in
Even managed to put a line of washing out on the line & dried too. It was lovely having a mild sunny day today.
We are having a wing it & see where we end up kind of time whilst Mum is visiting. Tomorrow we are going into Derby as I’m off tomorrow so is Tony, he’s not back till Wednesday. I’m at work Tuesday morning.
Mum wanting to visit family & friends, so she’ll keep herself busy.
Ooh Sue, I love apple & blackberry pies
Kazz glad the 2 Home checks went well, hope the others went well too
Oh no Losos no more cream for you then, have custard instead
Chris fingers crossed with the decorators
Right need a cuppa then catch up before I go to bed
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-01-2018, 12:15 AM
Evening all - sounds as if your Mum's visit is going swimmingly, Mandy, enjoy your day off tomorrow.
Hope that the search for tradesmen and the cooking of sunday lunches went well and that all had a restful day and relaxed in the bosom of their families - or whatever preferred options for a relaxing Sabbath.
Brenda - what were you on about last night - had you been hard at the tincture or perhaps some homeopathic holistic hooch. When I said the RSPB were too heavily weighted in favour of raptors - I meant birds of prey - not some blessed bipedal carnivorous dinosaur from the cretaceous period. Before you berate me for for my impudence, I am aware that all birds are meant to be descended from lizards and that the literal translation of the word "Dinosaur" comes out as "Great Lizard". So, of course you are vaguely correct. P.S. hope your cold gets better, with or without witchcraft! lol !
Harvey - you really should do as the Good Nursey tells you or you could find yourself in line for more mild correction! As you know I am pretty much bu****ed generally, but my cholesterol reading is a very good 2.4 which when one considers just what I eat in the space of week is really quite ridiculous - it should be about the 12 mark! lol !
Goodnight everyone and as always it's bye fer now.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2018, 12:44 AM
I’m off to bed now but hello & goodnight LG
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2018, 03:53 AM
Its not me with the cold its kazz. I'm awake worrying about the wing mirror on my car. Some nice person has wacked it. Oh well
night night all.