Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
it's obvious. Jet won. A beautiful, happy dog who has a loving relationship with his owner. Can't beat it.
He has never lived with the guy that handles him Ramble. He bred (so theoretically he did live with him!) and handles him only. He was co-owned by Irvine and a guy called Mr. Ross, he died about 7yrs ago and since then, Jet has lived with his son. Never with the Irvines. Im pretty sure thats right, somebody will correct me though if Im not.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
it's obvious. Jet won. A beautiful, happy dog who has a loving relationship with his owner. Can't beat it.
It was lovely to watch.

I was not sure if it was his owner when he mentioned the people who look after him.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 06:36 PM
No Dawn, you are right, he doesn't live with him but he does spend a considerable amount of time with him and co owned him with Mr Ross. It is obvious that they adore each other...they do have a loving relationship and bond...that is clear. He wouldn't show his little paws off in the way he does if he didn't....and you could see Jim adores Jet and vice versa.
agsen
New Member!
Female 

14-03-2011, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
He has never lived with the guy that handles him Ramble. He bred (so theoretically he did live with him!) and handles him only. He was co-owned by Irvine and a guy called Mr. Ross, he died about 7yrs ago and since then, Jet has lived with his son. Never with the Irvines. Im pretty sure thats right, somebody will correct me though if Im not.
jet is Jims dog and he lives with Iain & his family. Jet used to be in co ownership with Jim & Iains dad, when Iains dad (Jock) died Jet went to live with Iain and is now registered in Jims name only. Jim sees Jet about every fortnight and Jet does occassionally live with him.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 06:58 PM
Nothing had changed for me, same as all the other years - a great day out spent around dogs, and dog lovers. I showed this year making abit more exciting.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by agsen View Post
jet is Jims dog and he lives with Iain & his family. Jet used to be in co ownership with Jim & Iains dad, when Iains dad (Jock) died Jet went to live with Iain and is now registered in Jims name only. Jim sees Jet about every fortnight and Jet does occassionally live with him.
Hello.
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 07:09 PM
I haven't been to Crufts since before PE, we were invited by the kennel club to discuss how they could help rescues, and for once were actively promoting rescue as well as the responsible buying of puppies.

I know that Thursday is traditionally quiet, but i thought it was dead, the best thing for me, was the Cocker stand in discover dogs they had workers and shows on the same stand with all the relevant info about the differences, they seem to have accepted that they have this split and are using things like this to educate the public, which can only be good for us in rescue, just hope that the springer breed club take note
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 07:45 PM
I always think the TV coverage is full of pointless stuff that nobody is really interested in and not enough of the actual judging.

By contrast, I have to say i thought the live streaming was fantastic and spent way too much time than was good for me watching it!!

I noticed that there were a couple of dogs that appeared to be lame that were shown on TV getting judged, cannot remember the breeds now, one was a brown coloured terrier though? I thought that was quite worrying TBH, if your dog is lame surely you should have withdrawn it from the show rather than making it carry on showing

Another surprise for me was that the Staffie got placed - she was beautiful (in fact the exact colouring Sid has always adored in the breed). But she looked thoroughly miserable in the ring, quite nervous/intimidated by everything and she didn't show well at all I thought - don't know if anyone else agrees?
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
A lot of people said it was less crowded----any comments on that?

I know our city centre is easier to park in recently and friend went to Birmingham and found the same thing---so are petrol prices and the recession generally making a difference?

rune
I was there both Saturday and Sunday and it was chockers! Certainly not in way any less busy than any other weekend I've been going.

Been going for the past 7 years or so, every year.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Yes, that's right. Happened to be sitting with friends of his in the breed last night. Think the son is a game keeper or something? Or one of them is anyway, can't remember which one!
Page 6 of 11 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »