View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-10-2009, 02:25 PM
If he is KC registers, cant see how they can stop you showing him.

i have heard of breeders selling pups for "pet only" and I always assumed, it was because in their eyes said pup was not show quality... and dont wish inferior dogs with their name on, being shown in conformation!!

But to be honest, cant see how they can possibley stop you,

He looks a lovely lad, go ahead, have fun, see how he progresses.. nothing stopping you entering him in Champ shows.

You may be suprised, if he does well they may have to eat their words to you
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2009, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
Puppy contracts have been proved not to be enforceable, otherwise everyone signing one, which includes a return to breeder clause, would have to return the dog to the breeder, but this just doesn't happen & if they had not wanted the dog to be eligible to be shown, they should not have registered him QED. Their big mistake.

If they really thought he was only "pet quality"then they would have done this & not handed over or sold him as KC registered.
Can I be thick and ask what you mean by QED? It's a good point about the KC reg'd thing, that would've been a very simple way to stop him being shown. More fool them I suppose.....
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2009, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
If he is KC registers, cant see how they can stop you showing him.

i have heard of breeders selling pups for "pet only" and I always assumed, it was because in their eyes said pup was not show quality... and dont wish inferior dogs with their name on, being shown in conformation!!

But to be honest, cant see how they can possibley stop you,

He looks a lovely lad, go ahead, have fun, see how he progresses.. nothing stopping you entering him in Champ shows.

You may be suprised, if he does well they may have to eat their words to you
No I don't suppose they can, I just don't want to upset anyone really. It's my parents decision anyway, I'll see how they feel. The breeder has asked for pics of him at 6 months old so I'll send some then, but I do get the feeling the answer will still be no! I'm starting to think sour grapes is the real reason tbh.

He'll only be entered in a few shows anyway cos I can't afford 2-3 lots of entry fees every time!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2009, 02:38 PM
Well if they do think the contract is enforceable, now he is in your parents name, transfer him to YOUR name, you are under NO contract at all!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2009, 02:50 PM
Q.E.D. is an abbreviation for the Latin phrase "Quod erat demonstrandum" which literally means "which was to be demonstrated". The phrase is written in its abbreviated form at the end of a philosophical argument to signify that the last statement deduced was the one to be demonstrated; the abbreviation thus signals the completion of the proof.

In other words "Question answered"
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2009, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Well if they do think the contract is enforceable, now he is in your parents name, transfer him to YOUR name, you are under NO contract at all!
Good point, will certainly consider that if they get "ugly".

Re the contract, the piece of paper has "Sales Receipt" at the top, states the price, male b/w ESS etc. At the bottom it states "Condition Of Sale" and then reads "Family pet only, not for breeding or showing." Then it's signed by the breeder and my Mother.

Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
Q.E.D. is an abbreviation for the Latin phrase "Quod erat demonstrandum" which literally means "which was to be demonstrated". The phrase is written in its abbreviated form at the end of a philosophical argument to signify that the last statement deduced was the one to be demonstrated; the abbreviation thus signals the completion of the proof.

In other words "Question answered"
Ah right, thanks for that.

I've spoken to my parents tonight, they feel this is as ridiculous as I do and are happy for me to take him to a few shows, mainly open ones, inspite of the breeders "concerns". The breeder has requested more pics at 6 months, which I'll send when the time comes. In the meantime I'll start taking him to Ringcraft with Oscar and see how he fares. Two puppies at once, I must be mad!

Thanks for the advice everyone, it's been most helpful.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2009, 08:19 PM
this seems crazy. I would think most breeders would be delighted that someone is representing their kennel by showing one of their dogs. Bonkers! I understand breeding endorsements, but this?
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2009, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
this seems crazy. I would think most breeders would be delighted that someone is representing their kennel by showing one of their dogs. Bonkers! I understand breeding endorsements, but this?
I know it's very bizarre! They said that at 8 weeks old he wasn't suitable character wise as a show dog, but a lot can happen between 8 and 12 weeks. Who on earth can tell a good show dog at 8 weeks anyway, that's news to me!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2009, 08:31 PM
JEALOUSY!!! Ugly thing, but I reckon thats the case, too much competition!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2009, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
JEALOUSY!!! Ugly thing, but I reckon thats the case, too much competition!
I'm beginning to think this is the case BD. Especially after I sent the pics, which weren't great but I did think they showed him to be a nicely balanced pup, and they still said he's not show quality.

Codswallop me thinks!
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »