Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-09-2017, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Can't paint the back bedroom as skirting boards not sanded down, am looking at the mouse sanders as son makes many promises but no action, meaning he doesn't want to do it. The mouse sanders have excellent reviews and not very expensive on eBay, so that is my next purchase
Those 'mouse' sanders do have their uses. I have one but I did find they are better for 'light' sanding rather than 'heavy' stuff.

Lot depends on how much paint you need to sand down. I also had a problem with the triangular sanding sheets coming off (They are held on with that clever 'hook & eye' type of arrangement.) but I was probably pushing down too hard

I generally prefer the circular disc on a backing pad in a standard electric drill but of course you can't get into the corners with that.

The big advantage of the 'mouse' sanders is that some have other attachments (e,g, scrapers and even a small saw blade.) which makes them good value.

Hope the job goes to plan
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2017, 01:25 PM
Lol...awww Bless Dillon being chuffed to bits about his dad being back. that plumbers mate is odd stuff but really good, we have it on the bath and sink and i need to do the sink in the loo downstairs
TW, i have a black and decker mouse...got it from argos for cheaps..i have used it to take 3 layers of paint off the spindles on the stairs, the pads don't last that long but i got some from screwfix i think...they aren't genuine but fit o.k
Hi Harvey, how are you??
i have spent 2 hours waiting for my laptop to update...what a pain in the bum Lol
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-09-2017, 01:31 PM
I think the mouse sander is my best bet, I am not safe with drills or anything like that, in fact the mouse sander could well become a lethal weapon in my inept hands
Decided to take the girls for a quick swim, river very high with a strong current so we lost both balls fairly quickly when I took Mabs and Kesh down. Bless Mabs she made a valiant effort to retrieve the balls but I had to call her back as it was too dangerous, she's a strong swimmer but would be swimming against the current on the way back. Kesh also let go of her ball and that went down river as well. Took Lona and Zen down and both of them I put on long lines, Lona's increasingly frail and I doubt she'd have the strength if she got caught up and Zen isn't that experienced a swimmer. They had a good time in the immediate vicinity of me and I kept a watchful eye on the pair of them, so everyone happy on that score. My wellies from last year let in water, they are not cheap ones and are neoprene lined with a moulded seam round the foot area. I've glued round both pairs of my boots as they are really not at all waterproof, even walking on wet grass in them gives me wet feet, so will glue around the seam area on the wellies.
Not sure what the weather is going to do, I am tempted to do a bit of painting under the area that is sheltered by the porch area in the new house. Cleaned yard and kennels and fresh bedding down, so hoping not a lot to do tonight now, as they had come in sopping wet from the river and straight onto the clean beds I did this morning, I didn't think that one out, then again I really didn't expect the weather to turn so quickly and thought we'd be in all day.
Can just imagine Dillon getting under the bath to 'help' Gorden, yes, he may not live to see his 6th birthday after all Lynn
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2017, 03:05 PM
The mouse sanders are so easy to use....honest
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2017, 03:59 PM
Failed miserably with my PaNnasonic Bread maker. Either the flour, or other ingredients out of date. Gave up in the end. I am calling it a day!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2017, 04:23 PM
Afternoon all you busy bees.

I think I can join the club work at 5 this morning home at 3 and out with Brook; who took against a couple of hay bales the farmer had obviously moved since yesterday she barked at them very funny, but after resurrance they were harmless she walked back past fine on the way back, now home and she is playing with her ragger
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-09-2017, 04:29 PM
Oh dear Moyra, I have never used a bread maker,I know how to make bread from scratch, but no clue as to what a bread maker needs really. Do you just put all the ingredients in and press a button, no getting yeast and rising and proving or anything.
Griff, I have seen them on ebay for £14, so can do that when my state pension comes in on Monday. Been putting every last penny away for the girls new house and fence, but I'm there or thereabouts now,and looks like its been delayed due to the bad weather so bit of breathing space and I can get the sander, because if its raining like there's no tomorrow as is forecast, then I can crack on with the skirting boards and at least make progress on the back bedroom
Internet been down all afternoon, but just come back on. I'm cancelling virgin TV and keeping the broadband and getting Now TV as its no contract and I don't have to pay for stuff I will never watch in a trillion million years, they've put it up again and I'd be quite happy with Freeview as there isn't much extra I get, and Now TV gives me thing I don't get now paying Virgin.
Been raining on and off so nothing achieved really, I have watched a film and now watching Can't Pay We'll Take It Away.Things I should do, but decide to do A Griff this afternoon
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2017, 04:48 PM
Lol Kazz, my deags has a tantrum if things are different on our walks...strange!
Moyra, oh dear...would out of date flour make it go wrong then?
TW, lol...join my gang! i have watched 1 film...it comes at night, it's crap Lol now watching snatched...goldie hawn is in it, it's o.k...then the viceroys house. Steve has just had virgin, he was with talk talk but he said the internet is slow...beings as he downloads games he needs fast broadband, virgin did him a deal as they had just cabled the area, he is capped for 2 years he says...and his broadband is really fast...i don't think he has had any trouble...yet! but i am sure they will know all about it when he does Lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-09-2017, 05:36 PM
Poor brooke Kazz glad she is happier now about the hay bales.
June glad you had a nice walk and hope the back room soon starts coming together.

Gorden thinks he found the leak it was the plug it is one of those automatic things where you turn the silver thing at the overflow and it allows the stopper to shut or open. So he has now drained the pipe he got a pump thing from the aquarium section of pets at home drained the pipes and is now fitting an old fashioned plug on a chain and overflow.
Hopefully that will solve the small drip drip that has been going on for a good while we think. Panel will be left off the side of bath to allow things to dry and we will replace it in the next few days if all is fixed.
We have one of the new fandangled overflow and plugs in the downstairs bathroom but it has been fitted properly.
As per we have found bad workmanship. Still hopefully whoever ends up buying it they will not have the problems we have had.
Bound to have some but nothing to the degree we have suffered and paid for. (Hopefully).
Monday hopefully paint to repaint our bedroom.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2017, 05:45 PM
Ahhh Lynn, we had trouble with our plug, it is one that you just push and it closes and push it again and it pops up...my dad decided he wanted it, no such nonsense with the bath....i bought a plain old plug and chain before he could do anything Lol. Lets hope your drip is now solved and i am sure the jobs done will last the new people for a good while yet
got the viceroys house on...bit slow but it's about the india pakistan split from what i can gather
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >