Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2013, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by jantet View Post
Boot camp, eh Eileen? You're obviously hard-core.

Sorry to hear your back causes you problems, tawneywolf. Would Pilates help, or is that a no-go for you too?
It's pretty tough,but great.Kettles bells,punch bags and lifting beer kegs above your head...a lot of running and floor exercises too
When you start back after an absence you literally can't walk for a couple of days,but after that it don't hurt
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-09-2013, 01:01 PM
Crikey - better not get on the wrong side of you then Eileen!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2013, 01:13 PM
Crikey - better not get on the wrong side of you then Eileen!
Years of swimming Janet,has left me very muscley I normally go on the treadmill and that keeps me right otherwise it'll just turn to dreaded flab use it or lose it Am only 5 ft so try really hard to avoid any wobbly bits
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-09-2013, 01:21 PM
No, I've got a fracture right up my spine and 2 collapsed vertabrae and osteoporosis. I've gradually built up the amount of walking I do (with 4 dogs I need to lol) and that has helped make me more supple, but not allowed to ride or anything like that.
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-09-2013, 02:18 PM
Sorry to hear that. My husband has collapsed vertabrae and osteoporosis too - many years ago he had a brain tumour and prolonged steroid treatment, so he is unable to exercise. Even walking is very painful. The diabetes nurse is arranging for him to have a 12 week free session with an experienced trainer at the gym to see if that will help - if it does, he'll join properly.

DO NOT MENTION RIDING! It's years since I've done any, and I keep getting urges I can't afford!
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-09-2013, 02:21 PM
Never fancied a treadmill, Eileen - I try and do a bit of running every other day along the Spa Trail, but being a wimp I don't go if it's very bad weather. So I can see the sense of a treadmill. Do you have your own, or go to the gym?

I rarely swim because I find it makes me wet.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2013, 04:54 PM
Never fancied a treadmill, Eileen - I try and do a bit of running every other day along the Spa Trail, but being a wimp I don't go if it's very bad weather. So I can see the sense of a treadmill. Do you have your own, or go to the gym?

I rarely swim because I find it makes me wet.
Being in water does that!!
I have my own treadmill and its great especially when its chunking it down or really cold outside.OH bought it for my birthday about 3 years ago defo worth the money:grin I just stick on my music,jump on for 45 mins and I'm done
Tell you what else is brilliant.....skipping
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-09-2013, 05:04 PM
Yep! I've got a skipping rope - must dig it out. Think how fit boxers are, and they skip a lot. Hula hooping is great fun too, though I have to be careful where I do it as the bird nearly has a heart attack if he can see it.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2013, 06:23 PM
Yep! I've got a skipping rope - must dig it out. Think how fit boxers are, and they skip a lot. Hula hooping is great fun too, though I have to be careful where I do it as the bird nearly has a heart attack if he can see it.
We should do a skipping challenge,are you up for that?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-09-2013, 06:26 PM
I don't need a treadmill, I have 4 Norties all needing to go out in shifts
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2