Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lola101
New Member!
Female 

07-07-2010, 03:21 PM

Crusty yellow spots

Hi, My 8 month old goldie pup, Lola, has got another batch of spots. The spots starts as lumps, they are not overly itchy, they soon develp into yellow crusty spots. Poor girl. She's been on 2 lots of antibiotics for them. The vet first thought they were acne now, he thinks they could be an allergic reaction. I've bought some hibiscrub but I dont know how best to use it. I don't want to dose her up with antibiotics again. Her spots are all over, so I'm guessing I'll have to put it in a bth (she HATEs baths ) Any advice on the hibiscrub application and the spots would be appreciated.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2010, 09:48 PM
1 part of the hibiscrub to 10 part water.
So 1 capful to 10 capful's warm water, then apply it, you could use cotton wool, then wash it off with normal warm water.

Or if you are going to use it for the bath then shampoo with the hibiscrub, again using the same 1 part to 10 part water.
ninja 2
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-07-2010, 10:08 PM
hi, when you say the spots are all over do you mean they are on all parts of her body ie legs, face as well as her main body?
has she had them since you first brought her home?

what wash powder do you use?
what floor cleaner do you use?
and do you use any sort of de-odouriser(sp) on your carpets furniture etc?

sorry about all the questions just trying to get a bigger picture
lola101
New Member!
Female 

08-07-2010, 05:57 AM
Hello. thanks for the dosage info. The spots came up at around 5-6 months (shes' 8 months now). Breeder has not seen it in any of her other dogs. The spots spread across her body. starting from inner thigh go up chest up back, under armpits and around up to back of her head. Very bad today under armpits. Have used colodial (?) silver as a start. Hope to get vets appt tonight. I would like him to get sample and start investigating further.
lola101
New Member!
Female 

08-07-2010, 06:02 AM
I use non-bio washing powder, she much less bedding now than she did when she was small - and that bedding was wshed more often- I don't think its the washing powder. I clean the wood floors with anti-bacterial floor cleaners. She doesn't get the spots under her chin which is often directly on the floor as she sleeps. No deodoriser directly on carpets. Plug in air freshner- not in same room as where she sleeps. I did change from maxi baby royal canin to maxi junior at 6 months...?
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2010, 07:23 AM
It could be a food allergy. Next time you are out, grab a bag of the Baby and compare it to the junior and see if any of the ingredients are different. There may be a protein source or a grain the junior that wasn't in the baby that she is allergic to.