Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-01-2012, 09:18 AM

Why do I...

...scrabble around collecting the stuffing wot de hunt 'as removed from her stuffed toys, carefully stuff it back again in the various orifices from which it came after she had done her best to cause major destruction, and not only sew them up but use the same colour sewing thread to do so?
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2012, 09:24 AM
....cos you're a raving lunatic woman!!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

20-01-2012, 09:25 AM
I dunno but I do it too, my staffie Diesel keeps stealing the Pugs toys and gutting them and I feel obliged to at least attempt to return them to their original condition.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

20-01-2012, 09:36 AM
But colour-co-ordinated thread?

See many years ago when twin visited from the US [me still being in the UK] she brought me about four dozen reels of sewing thread in every colour imaginable.

Do not ask why because I do not know. I think they were maybe a dozen for $1 or something.

So. Two howler monkeys wot go waaaaaa waaaaaa waaaaa when squished, and the eyes light up bright red [well they did but she has now removed them] were in the middle of the floor, wiv stuffin' all around 'cos 'er 'ad terrier-killed 'em.

Collected as much stuffing as I could, stuffed the orifices as best I could, and sewed up the gaping holes.

My question is this. One howler monkey is a ginger orange colour and one howler monkey is a yellow orange colour...

...so why did I have to sort out the thread reels to use ginger orange thread for one and yellow orange thread for the other?

Why did I not just use the same colour thread for both?
DoKhyi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-01-2012, 10:57 AM
Consider yourself lucky. The TM not only destuffs his toys but has a habit of destuffing my duvet. Usually he does such a good job of it I have to buy a new one as he's ripped the cover beyond repair.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

20-01-2012, 11:02 AM
Originally Posted by DoKhyi View Post
Consider yourself lucky. The TM not only destuffs his toys but has a habit of destuffing my duvet. Usually he does such a good job of it I have to buy a new one as he's ripped the cover beyond repair.
Now I have a sort of gate across the bedroom doorway Madam cannot get in during the day, just at night when she sleeps with me.

However, she has a "thing" about the buttons and/or press studs on duvet covers, and gently and quietly removes them while I am sleeping.

Little booger.
DoKhyi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-01-2012, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Now I have a sort of gate across the bedroom doorway Madam cannot get in during the day, just at night when she sleeps with me.

However, she has a "thing" about the buttons and/or press studs on duvet covers, and gently and quietly removes them while I am sleeping.

Little booger.
Bless her! The more I hear, the more convinced our two are long lost cousins. The TM is obsessive compulsive when it comes to buttons and labels on things. He can't abide it. Once he's seen them it plays on his mind and he can't rest until he's removed them. He'll pretend, when I'm watching, that he's not bothered, then when my back is turned they're silently, neatly and efficiently gone. I've fallen asleep in the past and woke up to find he's taken the label out of my jumper and left it on the floor for me.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2012, 10:05 PM
Are you a perfectionist as well?

Can I send my pile of de-stuffed toys round that have been in Izzy's "jaws of death" please? They have been sitting on top of our Welsh dresser for a few months now waiting to be repaired.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2012, 11:38 PM
OMG you sound just like me. Only yesterday I was sewing up one of my dog's favourite toy with colour coded thread