Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2005, 06:24 PM

Cassie's EPI test result

Hi all. The vet has just rung me with the result of Cassie's EPI test and I'm afraid it's not good. He said the test was "inconclusive" which apparently means she is on the verge of it again, although she is fine in herself. He said with a test result like this we like to do another one in 3/4 months time, when we will definitely get a postive or negative result. I asked him if her episode the other week could have been the EPI returning and he said "yes" to that. What me and o/h think is that because her insides have been somewhat damged by eating the poison 5 yrs. ago, and this brought on her EPI, then whenever she eats something nasty now, unlike other dogs who could shrug it off, her insides cannot cope and it brings on the EPI problem. She will have to stay on this special vet. sensitivity control kibble diet until we have another test done in 3 month's time, which hopefully will be negative.
Thank God, if she is on the verge of it again, she is nothing like she was before and it disappeared within 48 hours, but I am going to have to keep a very strict eye on what she eats again, be it nice or nasty, as she's not supposed to have anything apart from this food. Poor girl.
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2005, 07:11 PM
Oh no Helen, not what you wanted to hear. But at least you are aware of it and can look out for it now, catch it early again. Big hugs for Cassie and Georgie, and you !!

Heather
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2005, 07:13 PM
Ohhhh im sorry you didnt get the result you wanted. Big hugs for you both ((hugs)) xx
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-06-2005, 07:16 PM
sorry to hear that
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2005, 07:17 PM
Ohhh Helen, very upset to read about this

I really sincerely hope that Cassie will be okay on the next test results.

Pls try not to fret as Cassie might sense it, poor wee girl

Second kiss for the week, need to send you a box of tissues

:smt058

loads of :smt049 :smt049 to you Helen.
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-06-2005, 07:22 PM
Sorry to hear your news, fingers crossed the test results come back negative next time.

Give a big hug to that beautiful girl of yours
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2005, 07:23 PM
Ow no helena im really sorry to hear that i know how much your dogs mean to you, but good job they have a caring owner like you that will do everything to look after cassie, but it might not be too bad as you have the other test result in a few months that will hopefully turn out ok!hugs to you and cassiexxx
Saz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2005, 07:24 PM
Aww sorry to hear that hope all is well in next test
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2005, 08:32 PM
Thank you all so much for your concern, especially all the hugs and x's, I have shared them between all of us (except my o/h as he gets enough off me!)

No, not the news I wanted, but I suppose it's better than a "positive" result again. I will definitely be getting her re-tested though, as I really need to know one way or the other. Georgie will now be getting Cassie's share of the chicken sprinkled over his kibbles, well some of it anyway, but I must now be extra vigilant with her "extras" I think, just to be on the safe side.

You lot are a real oasis in the desert if you see what I mean, when we have problems, I didn't realise how genuine and caring animal people really are until I came on DW, you are a great support in times of need - and when I need a good laugh of course too!x Thanks again, it really means a lot to me.
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2005, 08:38 PM
I will keep my fingers firmly crossed for the gorgeous cassie xxxx
I totally agree with you many of my friends etc are not real animal lovers like me so to come on here and get the support and kindness shown on here is great.Give an extra big hug to cassie for me and one to georgie to of course we cant have him feeling left out!xxx
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >