Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vickyd1987
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-09-2010, 03:53 PM

Moistened puppy food

Hi Guys,

My Pug puppy was weaned ontp BETA puppy, which the breeder supplied a 3kg bag of, We brought her home on weds and she seemed to be eating her meals ok-ish but struggling with the kibble slightly,(eating one bit at a time). Today I read the small print on the packaging and it said to moisten the kibble for pups under 3 months.. Is this just done with warm water?? I dont want my baby going hungry

She is still full of energy though!!!

Thanks in advance my doggy guru's!
katandcolin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-09-2010, 04:16 PM
Hi Vicky,

My puppy is nearly 5 months old now and in the last month he's been eating his food dry.

Prior to that he was on iams puppy. We just put a couple of splashes of boiling water in it, mixed it around, then left it til cool.

I wouldnt worry too much if your little one has been going to the toilet ok. I think having it wet just makes it easier to eat and digest. Perhaps give it a go now he might eat more

Bet your pup is adorable, my sister has a pug they are gorgeous xxx
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-09-2010, 04:42 PM
warmer water will work better than cold but either would be fine. Just leave it until its soggy and swollen up but be sure its cooled completely. Your breeder should really have explained the feeding to you. We got a sheet with step by step instructions for what, how and when to feed!
Vickyd1987
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-09-2010, 09:46 AM
Thank You very much, its working well already..
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2010, 09:32 PM
We use boiling water straight out of the kettle then left it to cool down whilst the kibble expanded, depends on the food as I know that some are pre-treated so they don't increase in size when wet. Have setters though so bloat is a big worry as with all big dogs and soaking the food so it stays the same size in the stomach reduces the chances, your breeder was remiss in not giving exact feeding instructions though as pups normally would have a routine you would need to know about to either stick to or adjust as needed. Hope she's liking the change, watery gravy also works too as a treat!