Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-05-2005, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by ZoeH
Ok thanks i will do that!
My nearest pet shop does not sell Burns but they get it in for me Ask Burns to send your Nan samples Zoe ..just 'Google' Burns
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2005, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
My nearest pet shop does not sell Burns but they get it in for me Ask Burns to send your Nan samples Zoe ..just 'Google' Burns
I have had a look on there site mini i will send them an email asking to sent a few samples
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2005, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star
Hey Zoe,

Have you thought of home cooking? I am still looking into BARF but am currently feeding one meal of Burns in the morning then home cooked in the evening (meat, veg, brown rice, bonemeal, olive oil - although will be changing to fish oil).
This could be an option and is a good idea my nan has the time to cook for her but we look after her when they go on there hols so that means i would have to cook for her and to be honest i dont even cook for my own dog and dont really have the time with my own rabbits and dogs, but thanks for the suggestion
Ruthlynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2005, 12:56 PM
Hi there,
If your nan decides 'barf' then she needs to do lots of reading!! Murph"s had both and done well on both. Burns is a really good holistic food and they do deliver.
TTFN
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2005, 01:07 PM
Hi Zoe. I have changed to Burn (fish and brown rice) and they love it. I also buy cheap chicken from Tesco (2 for £5) cook them up and freeze portions of it for daily use. I sprinkle the cooked chicken over their kibbles and they lap it up. The 2 chickens will last me about 1 week. I really think you have to add some interest to these dry kibbles, although once they get used to them they would probably eat them on their own, but I always sprinkle something in it for mine.
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2005, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54
Hi Zoe. I have changed to Burn (fish and brown rice) and they love it. I also buy cheap chicken from Tesco (2 for £5) cook them up and freeze portions of it for daily use. I sprinkle the cooked chicken over their kibbles and they lap it up. The 2 chickens will last me about 1 week. I really think you have to add some interest to these dry kibbles, although once they get used to them they would probably eat them on their own, but I always sprinkle something in it for mine.
Hi Helena thats what we do with ours!they love tescos chickens with there dry biscuits, my nan gets holly mands organic chicken she is very spoilt!
ive sent away for some burns samples for her to try !
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2005, 01:20 PM
Scrumpy is on burns fish and rice and is in perfect health.
TJ is fed BARF which he is thriving on, although as J said, you need some time for preparing and alot of reading to get all the nutrition right, but its well worth it
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2005, 02:41 PM
Thanks Gems ive sent away for some samples of burns i think i will go with that
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2005, 07:01 PM
Ok guys i sent an email asking them to send me some samples and also asked which flavour would be best for a ckcs, they said fish lamb and chicken flavours are suitable for NON TOY breeds!!!and they are sending me some samples, but ckcs is a toy breed!so does that mean you can only give toy breeds mini bites, help please!
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2005, 07:37 PM
have you contacted Burns?
They'll send you samples.
We've tried the lot and like them all but the fish one is prob the favourite.
It smells of fish but not in an unpleasant way.
Good luck with whatever you try
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >