Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
freegodzy
New Member!
Male 

22-04-2014, 03:19 PM

Golden Retriever

I have a golden retriever around 7 months. I am immigrating to another country, so i can't take her with me. I want to find a good home for her. If anyone is interested please contact me I am in the Long island area in new york, My email is [removedl]

Thank you.
Yong
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-04-2014, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by freegodzy View Post
I have a golden retriever around 7 months. I am immigrating to another country, so i can't take her with me. I want to find a good home for her. If anyone is interested please contact me. I am in the Long island area in new york, My email is [removed]

Thank you.
Yong
i think you should contact your breeder and ask for them to take him back .
greatbarnet
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-04-2014, 12:50 PM
If the breeder can't take her back there will almost certainly be a Golden Retriever Rescue in your area who you can find easily on google and who will find her a good home.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2014, 12:44 PM
Yes she must go back via the breeder, if they can safely rehome her they may recompense you but it is more important that they find a good safe home for her.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2014, 01:51 PM
Just a point but this is a UK based forum with most members being in the UK and you are in Long Island. Not a very high chance of you finding a home on here for your dog.

As said above - get back to your breeder in the first instance.

Moyra - why on earth would the breeder 'recompense' the OP? They took on a dog when they obviously didn't know what even their quite short term plans were. Pup is only 7 months old now.

I'm puzzled by you mentioning that.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2014, 10:50 AM
Hmm. I'm from Atlanta, but cannot take another dog at the moment and would not be able to get the dog anyway. I will say this... sometimes we do have plans and they don't work out and things change. I'm sure the person didn't get the dog knowing they'd only be able to keep her for 7 months.

He is trying to find someone to keep the dog. Also, just because a dog is pure bred doesn't mean it came from a breeder. If it did, I don't think he'd be here asking? Just saying, trying to use logic here instead of judging right off the bat.

Rescues, pounds, shelters, and pet shops have pure bred dogs (as well as bad breeders and people just giving away dogs), and most of them won't just take back a dog with the assurance that it'll be safe, which is likely why he posted here.

He knows this is a site for dog lovers and most people here will treat the dog well if they got it. Don't think he realized all these people are from the UK, but think he is trying to do the right thing.