register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-12-2014, 05:45 PM
Was wondering about Griff myself actually - hope she is OK and if it is some sort of bug hope she gets the right doctor to see her as a matter of urgency. Was thinking I may start some Christmas shopping tomorrow, not that I've that much to do, a couple of close friends, son, his gf and her mum and dad, and friends dogs and my girls. Shouldn't take long!!! Said I'd order turkey for son as he is having me there on The Day, least I can do is bring the turkey, or at least supply it! Well I best get out and tidy the girls up, hand out teas and give them a pear each for afters, more coal to bank the fire up and I'll settle down in front of Holby
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2014, 05:57 PM
June, it sounds lovely to be able to settle down in front of a natural fire. I do miss that. We are just all electric here with night storage heaters which are useless. I would love to turn the clock back to 1982/3 when I had my own cottage with a beautiful back boiler/open fire. All before the post office fiasco!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-12-2014, 06:22 PM
Can you get a calor gas fire to help heat the place, hope you hear from the Council soon about disabled accommodation, then you'll be all warm and no more running water down the walls
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2014, 06:27 PM
Youngest safely dropped off
LYNN,my mum is English,my dad Irish.Different religions when they met and at that time it was hugely frowned upon People where shot for less Was really hard for my mum when she first came here,was made to feel very unwelcome by some Growing up we'd have got a slap for saying anything against a person's religion,colour of skin or nationality.It stuck with me Try to bring my girls up the same way( without the slap )
Right off for a shop,will catch you later
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-12-2014, 06:32 PM
Must of been very hard for your mum. Glad she got through it some wouldn't. Sure the girls appreciate not having the slap.
Here you go Moyra some are more expensive but they are portable and some look like lovely wood burning stoves.
http://www.calor.co.uk/shop/in-the-h...s-heaters.html
Hoping griff is ok too.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-12-2014, 07:07 PM
I too remember when a mixed marriage was Roman Catholic and CofE, my son found it hard to believe when I told him that one, his comment was 'nowadays you'd be relieved if it was only that' lol. I remember there used to be open warfare in some parts of Manchester when the different 'sides' held their Annual Whit Walks, my first ex husbands mother was virulently anti RC, and it caused quite a big upset in my own family when my cousin married an RC - no one cares nowadays really, and I think its for the best, looking back at the trouble caused at my own school when an RC School was built opposite They used to stand on opposite side of the road and offer to fight each other Henry VIII has a lot to answer for! Was hoovering the kitchen floor ready to mop it and heard Keshi carrying on like a banshee outside, looked out and her and Cariad were out in the sheeting rain, Lona wouldn't let them in, Mabs was looking out (rather smugly I thought) from her own heated Des Res. Opened top door and told Lona off, she glared at me, called her out, and she came out and went straight back in, so in the end went out and got her and brought her to the door, Keshi and Cariad went in, let Lona loose, she went in, all hell then let loose because ALL 3 of them went into the sleeping compartment, Lona had Cariad's fur and was trying to pull her out of there (suspect Lona had a Secret Bone) Keshi was in there already, eventually it calmed down somewhat, am keeping my eye on them, because all 3 cannot stay in that sleeping part all night, someone will suffocate!!! Feels lovely and warm in their respective houses, Mabs has the best idea, she is lay flat out under the lamp! Its lovely in here as well, fire really got going and its so warm I'm in t shirt and trakkie bottoms
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2014, 08:07 PM
I looked at those Calor sites. I was half tempted to spend £300+ on a stove that looked like a real fire. I do have a calor stove but I really do not have anywhere where I can
position it. Unless I move the three piece suite around!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2014, 08:12 PM
Popping over to join you by the fire TW Got the item I was after,Fur Gillet for oldest.Didn't have it in her size in town so another store held it over for me Mum says she was admiring it in the shop window yesterday so it'll be a surprise Mad out there weather wise just going to keep the outside dec's switched off tonight.
I set the ironing board up but so far all that's sitting on it is my handbag
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2014, 08:15 PM
Can you not store one of the armchairs away for the winter MOYRA?
I have a three,two and a one.The armchair spends a month in the garage every year so I can put my tree up
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-12-2014, 08:17 PM
ALL MY ironing is done apart from the sheets and pillowcases that are just dry of course. Holby City then Big Fat Gypsy Christmas. All quiet on the Western Front, so they've either suffocated or made friends
Page 5 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »