Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2005, 12:00 AM
you get rip-off vets and good vets out there
the vets I use now still charge to say a few words of reasurance but they also treat all my injured wild animal free of charge and when Benji got a stitch stuck after his snip and got an infection due to it ,he was given antibiotics and the stitches taken out free of charge and they will give advice over the phone free too
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-02-2005, 12:05 AM
I also ment to say that they have 24 hour emergency cover that is straight to the vet on call, and if your animal has to stay in hospital they have a vet and two nurses actually stays up stairs above the clinic and they check the animals every two hours.

Also after Blackie had his op, they saw him three times afterwards free of charge.

Ian
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2005, 12:28 AM
I think most vets are expensive, a consultation where I am is at least £16. I have changed vets recently, however, because I felt that I was getting ripped off due to the level of service. Everytime I went in they were wanting to have at least one of my animals in for surgery!! In order of age they are now 12, 9, and 7, this fact alone was making me nervous of their "obsession" with ops. In moving vets I have found that although the price is the same, at least this vet is more interested in my animals welfare than how much money they can make out of me! When I go now not only do I see the same person but I am in consultation for at least 20 minutes. I don't care how much I pay, as long as my pets get the best treatment!

P.S The vet is gorgeous, which always helps!!
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2005, 12:37 AM
hehe Ripsnorterthe2nd a few of the vets at my practice are quite good looking too ,I would love to get together with a nice single vet think of all the money it would save me for a start
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2005, 12:56 AM
Originally Posted by PurpleJackdaw
hehe Ripsnorterthe2nd a few of the vets at my practice are quite good looking too ,I would love to get together with a nice single vet think of all the money it would save me for a start
Oh yes, a nice handsome, strapping vet would do me any day of the week!!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3