View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2012, 12:33 PM
Good afternoon everyone. Where has the morning gone? I've done nothing much yet & here it is nearly time to take Taffy for his afternoon walk. Will probably walk up to my daughters to see if she is home for a change. I've not seen her for a few weeks - she's working all week ( teacher) & then is out catching up with shopping or taxiing the grandchildren about. I nipped out to the retail park earlier for G/sons present & crossed over to Tesco for some coffee I'd forgotten to get yesterday.
When I got home my other daughter phoned to say she had a man coming to put new gutters up but when he got up there he found the chimney was on the point of falling down and so she has to have that done as well. Just what she could have done without so near Christmas.
This workman has done work for her before so she can trust him & he is willing to wait till after Christmas to be paid but he said he wouldn't be able to sleep if he left the chimney as it was. He's only charging her abt £20 more than just doing the gutters would have cost
It's quite a nice day here today, not really cold either
Keep well all peeps & doggies. Enjoy your day whatever your getting up to.
coventrycatfish
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-12-2012, 02:20 PM
Afternoon folks, happy birthday Lore.

I've spent a stressful day car hunting as mine is going to the great scrapheap in the sky (unless the garage that has the one I want to buy will take it as a part exchange, but that brings it's own problem of how to get it there as the MOT has now run out).

I've found exactly what I want and for the right money, but it's 70 miles away and I can't get down there until in the week, so I'm biting my nails hoping it will still be there. I offered to pay them something to keep it for me, but apparently they can only take payments in person. I am going to be gutted if someone else buys it in the meantime.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-12-2012, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
Good morning and have a lovely day out. I love it when kids come to the stall clutching an E5! Or counting out cents and of course if they are a little short that is fine.

Busy early hours here....Catching up with family overseas across time xones ( God bless blueface for dirt cheap calls). taking the dogs out along the lane in moonlight and torchlight, leaving porridge cooking in the microwave..

Fed dogs and cats etc etc etc

yesterday I made scones in the range; just a very few to be fresh each time. It gets to 350 no problem so guess where I shall be cooking my Christmas dinner. And a large pan of stew atop..and great pans of boiling water for washing up etc

A "small" mystery' two large fresh cow droppings at the top end of the lane. At least they look like cow! No cattle should have been along there - period. I keep an eye as there is one of Ireland's million land disputes going on up here and the nasty man keeps letting my landlord's cattle out and a few Sundays ago when I was out, he broke a gate down and drove the cows the mile to the road. So I shall watch the situation here closely now.

Laxy day today to save energy for the fair tomorrow. Still coughing etc but it will pass. Always does.

So onwards; mohair berets to sew up etc and route planned, Will drive along the coast on the way there; starts at midday Waterville, and beyond. Glenbeigh then, and the way back in the dark via Killarney and a pause at tesco so I will not need to go out again this week.
Afternoon Rose.
Well I hope you get to the bottom of the mystery of the cow pats. The scones sound delicous. Hope all goes to plan with the beret knitting.
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Good morning all.

Well, the housework all got done yesterday, but I didn't get round to getting the tree down from the loft so that's one of today's jobs.

There's a Victorian Christmas market in town today and tomorrow so we are going for a mosey round this morning. It will probably be the same 6 stalls that came last year, but, hey, it's a quest .

Breakfast in town, a bit of shopping, call at Gary's to make sure he's still OK then trim the tree. All go, ain't it?

Bit of a disappointment yesterday when my son told me that he can't bring the kids over on Boxing Day. They are getting older now and all their presents are based around the little box thingy under the telly so I can see why they've asked if they can stay at his house this year. I see them quite a bit over the summer and, of course, that's the best time for them to come here as we can really go to town on spoiling 'em rotten when everything is open.

Mind you, it will be nice to have Boxing Day to ourselves for a change. Long walk (weather permitting) and just chill to let the over-stuffing of the day before settle down a bit. What we want to watch on telly, read when we like - mmmm, yes! Maybe not as big a disappointment as first thought

Hope everyone has a good day and a great weekend xx
Afternoon Chris.
Its good to hear life is back to normal almost for you. Hope you enjoyed the christmas market and got the tree up. Everyone seems to be beating me in the getting of the tree up quest.
After all the problems recently a nice calm quiet boxing day may be in order.
Originally Posted by DaisyD0g View Post
Good Morning to you all - well its good night actually as I am just off to bed...

Hope that you all have a great day, and please TRY to keep this place tidy at least until I get up in about 8 hours time!! took me ages to clean up earlier!!

Kazz, hugs to you and Sal, and to everyone else with poorly peeps and doglets <<hugs>>

Ohhhhhh and today we got our 2013 calendar from Super Fun Happy Dog, that is where the girls go to daycare when we go skiing or out for the day, or if they board... ANYWAY blah blah blah.... every year they give a calendar with a acollage of photos taken of the doglets throughout the year.. a few of the girls in there, but this one made December 2013.. love it!!!

Happy Saturday everyone
Afternoon DD.
Love the photos.
I hope you find the place tidier tonight too. I can't keep upwith these party animals.
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
Morning Lynn, Morning All

Love the photo DD

We are just making our plans for the day, we want to get tree up today. Must get on and get my cards done, I am usually organised with presents but cards not so much so, particularly with those that are going outside the UK I need to get cracking :blush

Have a good day all
Afternoon M. Hope you managed to get your cards done and the tree up today.
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Morning Lynn, Rosebud, Chris, Debbie, Jane and everyone

Sounds like you're going to have a lovely day today Lynn with the grandchildren shopping for their parents, and I hope they have been given a bit of money to buy your present too, and enjoy that lunch out when they've finished, but that could end up being dinner!

Rosebud, that does sound a bit odd seeing that cowpat where you did, so I hope they haven't been let out like that, but I'm sure you'll be on top of it, and good luck with those mohair berets for tomorrow, I bet those needles have been going like the clappers to get them all done.

Chris, it sounds like you are beginning to settle down a bit now and slowly getting back to normal, I really hope it can stay this way now and that Gary will be doing fine now that he's back home. Sorry to hear about the Boxing Day arrangements, but as you say, there will be other times to enjoy the grandchildren, and when they start growing up, it's normal for them to want to start doing different things at Christmas, I know that from my nephews and nieces with Dave's parents. I blame that box under the tree though!

Debbie what a great photo of your two there, and how lovely that they should do that for you, so thoughtful, not to mention how thoughtful it was of you to stay behind last night and hoover around me and Bitkin I hope you propped us back up!

Lovely lie in here, even Dave went back to sleep at 5.30, he's learning. Neither of us have much to do today, so it'll be a long, leisurely walk with Zena, and then just take it how it comes. Cold turkey for lunch so I'm making bubble and squeak (love it!) and today, I really have to get up to that van and check that fire out I left on 3 days ago I'm sure I would have heard something if my van has burned to the ground.

I've got backache this morning, must have done something stoopid yesterday, but I'm sure my long, uphill walk will sort that out for me.

Enjoy your Saturday everyone
Afternoon Helena.
We had a lovely time earlier and the quest is done. We stopped for a cuppa at Marks the boys went off to their rooms to wrap their gifts. Mark had a productive few hours too.
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Morning Lynn and all,

It feels positively balmy here today - no frost
Lynn have a nice day in Chelmsford.
If you drop in Kazz, we are all thinking of you and dear Sal ((hugs)).

I'm hoping to start my Christmas shopping today and buy and write some cards ..... about time

I hope you all have a pleasant day and those of you who are poorly keep warm and get well.
Afternoon Jenny hope you managed to get some shopping done.
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Morning all

That's a nice idea Lynn - enjoy your day. We will no doubt be Christmas shopping too. Again!

Very late up this morning and Loki is howling away. There's no frost or anything so it could be a mucky walk.

I hope everyone has a lovely day today.
xxx
Afternoon Linda.
Christmas shopping again we haven't started yet.
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
'morning Lynn and everybody

Well we have sun today yaay still have the snow and it was minus 12 C last night which is cold for this time of year (Feb. it cango to minus 20C of course)

Have a good day all

Great photo don't forget to switch of your light (That's the little green one top left )

:

I'll be searching the store room for our tree today 'tho I suspect it won't go up 'till tomorrow.

Did you get the first container load of snow yet I had a message that the driver translated the town as Rgbiov, put that in his sat nav, and it ended up in Russia, I am investigating
Afternoon Harvey.
Good luck with the tree.
I am glad that snow went to Russia.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-12-2012, 03:55 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning Lynn and all,
Off to the vets in a monment with Kyiro for another bandage change and checkup. He does seem to be weight bearing on the foot now so i am hoping that good news, that its finally healing. Those stitches must have been in there a good 3 weeks now.
Lots of washing for me to do today and a trip to Tesco otherwise I am going to curl up and die quietly . This cough and tight chest is making it painful to breathe and making me feel rough.
Have a lovely day with your grandchildren today Lynn.
(((hugs))) to anyone feeling poorly or who has poorly dogs.
Have a good day all.
Afternoon Bev.
I hope it all went well with Kyiro and the vets. (((Hugs))) and hope the cough and chest clear up soon.

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Good morning everyone, sounds like you are all going to be busy.

My eldest Grand-daughter is coming home from Uni today. We are going to meet her from the station.
It's her birthday tomorrow so I also have to make a birthday cake and get all the veg etc ready for a big lunch tomorrow.

Hope you are all well, I will drop in and out, keeping an eye on you all during the day!
Afternoon Jen sounds like a lovely weekend ahead enjoy.

Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Morning Lynn,Morning all

A lovely morning here,but cold,we didn't have a frost overnight but it froze as it got light,went out to my car and the windscreen was thick ice

Already been to Tesco's to get the bits & bobs for lunch tomorrow and 2nd load of washing in the machine

Didn't hear from school yesterday,so just going to forget about it now,they have had 4 days to ring me,Lynn,Tom had an accident,everything he does wrong is a flaming accident,he apparently kicked a brick at lunchtime on Tuesday and it hit the science blocks window and completely shattered it But at least he was honest and owned up,he and his friends had to give a written statement to his head of year,so not sure if they are going to pursue it or not,I have his review on Monday,so I guess I will find out then.

Lizzie off over her b/f's later and sleeping over,they are all off to the clothes show tomorrow

Nothing planned for today but no doubt O/H and the boys will keep me busy as usual

Looking forward to watching the footie later,local derby Wolves vs Brum
Thinking of Kazz & Sal,

Hope those of you that are feeling under the weather are feeling better soon and those with poorly dogs x

Have a good day all
Afternoon Sal. Oh dear hope the review goes well Monday.
I hope you manage to get some chill out time.
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
Not yet Harvey I am keeping an eye out for it though
Nooooooooooo. The Russians can keep it
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Morning all,

Thanks for the birthday wishes Lynn Brian woke me up with a Genesis T-shirt I've been after for ages. Davie got me the Harry Potter movie collection on blue ray. So delighted.

This afternoon I'm off to invergordon to take Davie to see Santa. Then not sure, dig out the Xmas decorations and sort everything out.

Hope everyone has a great day xx
Afternoon Lorraine you're welcome.
Glad you had some nice pressies and I hope you are enjoying your day.
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Afternoon Lynn, afternoon all - I will catch up with everyone/everything shortly, but in the meantime...

♪ ♫ ♪ Happy birthday to you, ♫ ♪ ♫
♫ ♪ ♫ Happy birthday to you, ♪ ♫ ♪
♪ ♫ ♪ Happy birthday dear Lo'ore ♫ ♪ ♫
♫ ♪ ♫ Happy birthday to you! ♪ ♫ ♪
Afternoon Malka. See you later.
Originally Posted by Wyrekin View Post
Morning all,

Hope you've all had a good week and have an enjoyable weekend to look forward to.

I've not been around much this week because my mum came up from cornwall to stay. I just dropped her off with my grandparents to travel back down so I'm back to being on my own. Ah, the peace and quiet.

It's been quite a week so I'm planning a nice quiet weekend. I had to have my hamster put to sleep monday and due to the weather couldn't bury him until wednesday as the ground was too hard. Then my chickens suddenly decided to start laying and my mum and I put up the christmas tree (newly purchased). Mum then proceeded to blow not 1 but three bulbs in the house!!

Anyway I gained a new hamster last night from a friends room mate who bought him and then hasn't bothered to interact with him since. He's a chinese dwarf hamster which I've never owned before but so far he's been pretty good. I got him out for the first time this morning and he curled up in my lap and went to sleep, quite a shock considering his lack of handling. He was called Ringo but I've changed his name to Chumley so I can start teaching him to come when called.

I'm off to my Dad's tonight to have dinner and I've got he chickens to clean out. So busy all round really.

ETA - Happy Birthday Lore!!
Afternoon. Sorry to hear about your hamster. Enjoy you're new addition and enjoy your peace and quiet.
Originally Posted by JMC View Post
Good morning all
It started off with beautiful sunshine here in Norfolk, but is swiftly going downhill! Thank goodness we got three of our girls out for a good walk nice and early. Number 4 doesn't go out much these days, - she's a 15 year old Westie, now blind and not quite sure where she is any more! Still seems happy in her own little world though
I am determined to clear out drawers and cupboards today, - at least I think I'm determined, - am swiftly going off the idea!

Have a good day wherever you are
Jan
Afternoon Jan.
Good luck with cleaning the drawers hope it was successful.
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Good morning fellow members and a beautiful one it is thought very cold

Lynn it is lovely to have you back, Helena has done a fantastic job keeping up the standards why you have been off with Gordon on the camel .

Lorraine wishing you a very happy birthday.

I am busy cooking up some stews for the freezer, we get a lot of power cuts here in the bad weather so if we do this year I will have something good to heat up on the camping stove.

I am then having a cooked lunch of lamb chops because I have baby sitting this evening so will my my evening meal meal.

Enjoy your day everyone whatever you decide to do
Afternoon Mini.
I am glad to get off that camel.
Lunch sounds yummy enjoy the baby sitting.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-12-2012, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by Taffsmum View Post
Good afternoon everyone. Where has the morning gone? I've done nothing much yet & here it is nearly time to take Taffy for his afternoon walk. Will probably walk up to my daughters to see if she is home for a change. I've not seen her for a few weeks - she's working all week ( teacher) & then is out catching up with shopping or taxiing the grandchildren about. I nipped out to the retail park earlier for G/sons present & crossed over to Tesco for some coffee I'd forgotten to get yesterday.
When I got home my other daughter phoned to say she had a man coming to put new gutters up but when he got up there he found the chimney was on the point of falling down and so she has to have that done as well. Just what she could have done without s
o near Christmas.
This workman has done work for her before so she can trust him & he is willing to wait till after Christmas to be paid but he said he wouldn't be able to sleep if he left the chimney as it was. He's only charging her abt £20 more than just doing the gutters would have cost
It's quite a nice day here today, not really cold either
Keep well all peeps & doggies. Enjoy your day whatever your getting up to.
Afternoon TM. Sorry to hear about your daughters problem with the chimney. Good to hear she has someone she can trust to do the job and who is willing to wait for the money.
I hope you had a nice walk with Taff.

Originally Posted by coventrycatfish View Post
Afternoon folks, happy birthday Lore.

I've spent a stressful day car hunting as mine is going to the great scrapheap in the sky (unless the garage that has the one I want to buy will take it as a part exchange, but that brings it's own problem of how to get it there as the MOT has now run out).

I've found exactly what I want and for the right money, but it's 70 miles away and I can't get down there until in the week, so I'm biting my nails hoping it will still be there. I offered to pay them something to keep it for me, but apparently they can only take payments in person. I am going to be gutted if someone else buys it in the meantime.
Afternoon CC.
Sorry to hear about your car fingers crossed the other one you would like will still be there for you.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2012, 04:09 PM
Thank you all for the birthday wishes

I've spent the day doing next to nothing. Currently watching The Big Bang theory and eating bacon and black pudding rolls
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-12-2012, 04:13 PM
Quite warm here today and the forecast is for above freezing tonight. Was going to get the babies out into the puppy palace today. When I looked in however it looked as though Mabs had eaten the heat lamp, it has a grille thing over it and couldn't work it out, when I got in there proper I realised that she had found some shiny paper from somewhere, shredded it, and the red light from the lamp made it look like shattered glass, honest, these dogs, my heart skipped a beat, well several actually. Then was looking round for the little handbrush (and thank goodness I did before shifting the wood shavings) because I couldn't find it, then realised Mabs had chewed it up a while ago and had slung it. So one of my jobs today has been getting a new handbrush so to get all the dust up from the rubber matting, then the paper bedding can go down and the babies can go in. Went for lpg because had had to switch onto petrol on Thursday, well it was so empty it took £26 to fill up, which is a massive amount, it usually cost between £18 and £23, in fact last time it was only £16!! I have nearly run out of petrol as well because the light is on for that, it starts with petrol then switches automatically to gas, so will have to put £10 in there next time I am near Asda.
Came back and took Cariad for a little meander round, it was spotting when I came back and is now raining, but still warm and no frost or ice!!!
Babies are being little loves, they howled for Britain when I shut them in the crate whilst I swept and mopped, then they forgot what they were upset about and were asleep when I let them out!!!
Here is today's Fix

Have had a fancy for eggs and soldiers, so that is what I am having at the moment, mistimed the eggs so they are hardboiled, it is soooo long since I made them, but they are lovely and have hit the spot.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-12-2012, 05:12 PM
Eeeek - mini Cariads eating proper dindins! xxxx

Ahem, on the subject of boiling eggs, I burned too many saucepans and had too many eggsploding eggs, so I gave up and bought an electric egg boiler.

Foolproof. Well it is Malka-proof!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-12-2012, 05:19 PM
The electric egg boiler sounds good, must have a look for one of them
Today the babies had chicken and tripe for brekkie then they had a tray of chicken and tripe and the rest had white fish with bio yogurt on, so they weren't that sure about the fish. They are having sardines in tomato sauce tonight.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2012, 05:37 PM
Afternoon All

Glad you got all the shopping done Lynn and enjoyed a nice cuppa in M&S with Gorden

Oh wow look at those little babies eating their dinner, they're getting huuuuuuge now aren't they but then it has been a few weeks I suppose, are we on week 4 now?? I can't wait until you get them outside and you must have the camera ready please June for their excited antics, cos let's be honest here, they haven't really done much yet have they except for sleeping and a bit of cleaning from mum!!!! Not that I'm complaining of course. Make sure you do put that £10 in next time you're near a petrol station cos you know what'll happen dontcha! Maybe write yourself a note, I swear by notes everytime I think of something I must not forget, because you will you know. I even forget what I have to do to write down by the time I find the pad and pen sometimes!!! If that were me with those boiled eggs, I'd have given them to Zena and made some more, especially when it's something you fancied, and you can't dip soldiers into solid yolk it's just not the same.

Whilst we're on the subject I will enlighten you all on the perfect boiled eggs, ready? My brother told me this and it's foolproof! Cold water in the saucepan, as soon as it starts to boil, set the clock for 4 minutes, no more no less and turn the water down so that it's above a simmer, bubbling quite a bit. When 4 mins is up, tip out the water and pour in cold water, then into your eggcups and voila, the most perfect boiled eggs you have ever tasted! That's my little tip of the day for Dogsey

Now where was I Is that bar open yet then? I see the fire's all lit, but no magic bottle and no goodies yet. Oh yes, Lorraine should be here with all her chocolate birthday pressies to share with us all later. Happy Birthday Lorraine, hope you've had a lovely day, and is it you I red on here eating bacon and black pudding sarnies????!!! Please don't bring any of those tonight will ya

Had a busy morning, went over to a little shopping industrial estate type thingy, where they have a big Tesco, a P@H, Boots, etc. so got Zena her Christmas presents another new rubber frisbee coz she's eaten the middle of hers by grabbing it, and some vitamin tablets which she won't eat. I need to get some b vitamins into her and I've run out of PetTabs so might have to get them from the vets next week. Went into Boots, tried some new perfumes which I have no intention of buying but I smelled delicious when I wafted out of there. Then I went into Wickes to buy a door for Dave, well, not literally for Dave, it's for the house really, we still don't have one into the bootroom coz he smashed the glass on the other one. I got a nice yung mannn to help me load it into the car along with a very long piece of melamine for a plinth in the bootroom, and he said it wouldn't go in It HAD to go in I said, so I went round the front and lifted it over the top of the passenger seat in my estate and he said, it was then ok, BUT, the plinth wouldn't go in So I told him he had to put that under the door now, and then shove it forward and I would take it through between the seats, so he did that, and that fitted too! Voila, one door and one very long plinth, so off I went home

Had to take Zena out when I got back for her 2nd walk cos it's not fair on her to just give her the one, so all in all, I didn't even eat until gone 2pm so late for my nanny nap and late back in here. This never happens when Dave's not here does it??? Hmmmm, might have some retraining to do on the Dave front methinks
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »