View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mese
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-12-2012, 05:43 PM

Do any of you guys have any weird family xmas traditions ?

Mine is a little yellow haired troll that my Daughter loved so much when she was about 8 years old that one xmas I put him on top of the tree instead of the star we usually had

The following year my Daughter wanted him up there again , so up he went
20 years on and this little troll still sits on top of the xmas tree , my Daughter and Grandkids think he is hilarious , and I must admit , even though he isnt what id call pretty , he is cute
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2012, 06:19 PM
We have a santa which is at least 27 years old, he was bought the year my son was born, he is very tatty, but always goes on the tree........
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2012, 09:54 AM
My Mum had a fairy on top of the Christmas tree , it was quite ugly and cheap and tatty . I used to laugh at it so much as the fairy I had was lovely .
My Mum has been dead for 23 years and every year since she died I have had the cheap tatty fairy on my christmas tree . I gave the lovely fairy to my daughter recently as it had never been out for years .
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-12-2012, 10:59 AM
Yes, we have WW3 when we put the xmas tree up, it always ends with hubby saying.............WHY CANT WE HAVE A FAKE ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-12-2012, 12:07 PM
In one kennels in which I worked my boss used to take us to midnight mass then we all went back home for champagne cocktails, mince pies and to open the presents before going to bed
It was lovely but made it hard getting up early for work next morning.

As a child I spent many Christmases with my aunt . At tea time on Christmas day there was always the Snowman to look forward too.
The snowman took pride of place in the centre of the table and was full of tiny gifts carefully chosen.We children loved it