Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2012, 07:44 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread - Saturday

Good morning all Dogsey Peops

Is it Saturday already then Where did that week go I wonder?? I must admist, I'm not very productive in the winter, but then the days are shorter, I'm getting older and slower so I s'pose it's inevitable Hey ho, another day has arrived

Freezing cold out there this morning with a really heavy frost, but lovely and cosy indoors, have the heating on 24/7 at the moment on the advice of my plumber who says it's actually cheaper this way, than heating up a really cold house every morning, so we shall see, when the bills start arriving.

Hope you're a lot better this morning Jenny, both mentally and physically. Chris I hope your Dave and Gary are on the mend, not forgetting yourself there. Sally I hope your husband arrived home safely last night and you didn't have to wait up too long in a right old state. Anyone else I've forgotten, my apologies.

Can't think what I'm up to yet, but I'm sure Dave will get me involved in *his world* like he always does, and send me into some kind of turmoil

At least we'll have a nice, dry walk this morning before that sun comes out and turns it all into mud again, so enjoy yours
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2012, 08:11 AM
Morning Helena and all who follow,
Very cold, beautiful thick frost but also quite foggy (which will hopefully lift soon).
I too hope all of your suffering are feeling better than you did yesterday and big (((hugs))) all round.
I'm meant to be meeting my brother (its his birthday) at my Mum's nursing home today for their Christmas Fair and my son was going to be here for the dogs. Well as we all know plans change My son missed his flight from Germany so I'll have to take the dogs with me. Too cold to leave them in the car so I think I'll just have to exchange present with my brother and then go back and visit Mum on Monday!!
I hope you all have a lovely day today and keep safe.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2012, 08:16 AM
Morning Jenny, Oh dear, that's not so good is it. Can't you ask if you can take them inside, maybe some of the oldies would like a dog cuddle?? I used to take Zena to visit mum all the time and the residents loved it when mum was in the lounge and I'd stand in the middle and show them what I'd taught her, I'm sure it brightened up their day. Maybe you can ask them before you go over the phone perhaps? Even though it's their Christmas Fayre, I'm sure they'll all be sitting in their chairs, so it's not as if the dogs could cause a problem if onlead is it? Good luck, hope you get there somehow.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2012, 08:24 AM
Morning H and all,
Back to the vet with Kyiro today for yet another check on his foot and a bandage change this morning. He is still limping on it, but not completely hobbling as he was, so I am hoping thats a positive sign. I am also praying that where the blood supply got cut off to his pad it is starting to heal its self and the blood supply will come back ok so we don't have bigger problems ahead.
I also have to go dog food shopping and get a few bits for us food wise.
We had ruptions in the house yesterday which I will post about soon in registered members section.
I have also heard its cheaper to keep your heating on 24hrs than have it coming on just morning and evening H, being on a prepayment meter here I suppose I could easily monitor it over a 24 hr period and see which way ended up cheapest.
I hope everyone who is poorly is feeling better today. hugs to you all.
Have a good day everyone and be careful on those icy roads if you are venturing out.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-12-2012, 08:50 AM
Morning all, its wet here today, not sure what I am up to as yet, but I`m sure I will find something to do .

Hope everyone has a good day and things go right for you,

Take care and have a safe one x
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2012, 09:06 AM
Hello all.
I do feel better today thanks H. I have just been for the paper it's a lovely crisp morning and I walked there quite well. Then a lady in the shop was telling me how icey it is in the next road. Well of course that worried me and I walked back like an old disabled crab I made it though!
Today I'm going to try and catch up with the housework I haven't done for 2 days then I'm going to prepare all I can ready for tomorrows lunch.

I hope you, your doggies and your families are all well and that you all enjoy the weekend.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2012, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning H and all,
Back to the vet with Kyiro today for yet another check on his foot and a bandage change this morning. He is still limping on it, but not completely hobbling as he was, so I am hoping thats a positive sign. I am also praying that where the blood supply got cut off to his pad it is starting to heal its self and the blood supply will come back ok so we don't have bigger problems ahead.
I also have to go dog food shopping and get a few bits for us food wise.
We had ruptions in the house yesterday which I will post about soon in registered members section.
I have also heard its cheaper to keep your heating on 24hrs than have it coming on just morning and evening H, being on a prepayment meter here I suppose I could easily monitor it over a 24 hr period and see which way ended up cheapest.
I hope everyone who is poorly is feeling better today. hugs to you all.
Have a good day everyone and be careful on those icy roads if you are venturing out.
Morning Bev Glad to hear Kyiro is a little bit better on that foot, and I suppose it's going to take a long while to heal properly so that he can walk normally again. I do hope those ructions aren't too serious for you and I will take a look at your thread.

Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Morning all, its wet here today, not sure what I am up to as yet, but I`m sure I will find something to do .

Hope everyone has a good day and things go right for you,

Take care and have a safe one x
Morning Jackie You've still got all that wet then, whereas we have blue skies and a very heavy frost, just perfect weather for dog walking this morning, Zena came home completely cleeeeeeean for once

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Hello all.
I do feel better today thanks H. I have just been for the paper it's a lovely crisp morning and I walked there quite well. Then a lady in the shop was telling me how icey it is in the next road. Well of course that worried me and I walked back like an old disabled crab I made it though!
Today I'm going to try and catch up with the housework I haven't done for 2 days then I'm going to prepare all I can ready for tomorrows lunch.

I hope you, your doggies and your families are all well and that you all enjoy the weekend.
Morning Jenny Glad to hear you were fit enough to take that morning stroll, and glad you wisely avoided that icy road and managed to get home safely. Don't go too mad with that housework, it could set you back again, but I'm sure Pepsi will be trying to help you
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2012, 09:39 AM
Morning all

I half expected snow today, it's that cold. It's lovely and frosty though so we are going to head off for a nice walk, all wrapped up. Loki has not had anymore fits since the one yesterday, so that is good. He may have another today but this is so much better than the big clusters he used to have. Steve slept downstairs with him last night to keep an eye on him. Aww.

Very pleased to hear you are feeling a little better today Nippy.

Big hugs for Kyiro and his vet visit today.

I hope Dave doesn't send you into turmoil today H.

I would be interested to know if it turns out cheaper to keep your heating on all day Madmare. I'm keeping mine off during the day.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-12-2012, 09:42 AM

Now may I go back to bed please?!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2012, 09:52 AM
Morning! An old missionary once told me that Robert Browning opined that there are two kinds of people, those who say "Good morning, God!" and those who say,, " Good God! Morning.. "

Bitter cold here with that stillness. Ears being assaulted as there is a motor rally up on the far road and sound carries in still air. Boys and their toys,but WHY do they have to make so much NOISE! Ah well, I still have some earplugs from the other place!

Just putting electic fire on when I get desperate; cannot afford to run the oil....

Tomorrow a local Christmas Fair; I am fairly new in the village and always my trade has depended on the tourists so I am well aware that tomorrow could bomb.

Isolated Irish villages can be very clannish; this is the only one I have managed to get into because of that and I am going further afield after some hostile encounters! The organiser of this one is a good friend and has been all the while. Love all is the word for tomorrow...maybe there will be many coming in from around too.

I am finishing various bits today and whatever happens, will sit and knit and smile very sweetly at everyone as I always do.

Just seen there is snow there! Please keep it to yourselves!!! After December 21st, my last market, fine but not just now

And stay safe and warm, please.
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »