Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2011, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Certain poodle breeders must tempted to make easy money out of oodles ..
Sadly they do as getting anything upto 6 or 700 for a stud is easy money!
Becky
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-07-2011, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Sadly they do as getting anything upto 6 or 700 for a stud is easy money!
Becky

I see more oodles around here then poodles..
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2011, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
I always say shih tzu crosses....
I wonder why i dont say yorkie cross??lol
be glad you don't have a Bull-****!!

And thats not swearing ^^
ste
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-07-2011, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by promarc View Post
oh yes when i got my masstif cross rotty for £50 afterwards i'd seen loads going for £200-£300 stupid money and shouldnt be allowed imo
Thats the difference between you, and lots of others, who are convinced they have some new,fancy breed. You say that yours is a cross breed. My point is that lots of these crosses are being exploited big time, by puppy farmers and byb, because others are willing to pay such money ? . When there are so many dogs in rescue, I just find it so sad
(love Sammy, he's sooooo beautiful )
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2011, 06:46 PM
I went to a fun dog show the other weekend and sat and watched the 'Best Pedigree' class being judged. In it was a cockerpoo....! And they allowed it in!
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2011, 06:48 PM
2 labradoodles, 1 cockerpoo, 1 shihtzy (cant remeber what they called it think this was it but its a westie x shih tzu) and my 1st cross all in my puppy class.
My dog was an accident though and not bred for money. She wasnt sold for £££ or given a stupid name by her breeder. She was honest and told the story and just asked for a small donation and a loving home.
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2011, 06:49 PM
Its not hard to see why people pay through the roof for a cross the person buying the dog is usually someone who hasnt done any re search of either breed they dont think they have to because its a new a breed my problem would be with the breeder for not explaining that the dogs are crossbreeds not purebreeds/pedigree thats what I would do if I were to breed a cross.

I had thought about breeding cocker spaniel/poodle mix as thats what I originally wanted but found the price asking for them was unjustified and I think I would need more reason then just to satisfy myself I decided against breeding once I read what bitches go through during a season I expect their stress levels will be high and I can imagine Millie would be massively stressed. I dont think purpose cross breeding is a such a great idea because their is no thought for the puppies.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2011, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by pippam View Post
I dont think purpose cross breeding is a such a great idea because their is no thought for the puppies.

Er let us not throw the baby out with the bathwater and make sweeping generalisations!

There are a LOT of purpose bred cross breeds where a LOT of thought is given to the puppies!

For example the GDBA!

Also there are many people who cross breed for a specific purpose/market; whose breeding stock is health checked (just as the GDBA stud dogs and bitches are) and who go to very special homes for example becoming Champions in Working Trials and Obedience!

So, do not tar ALL breeders of cross breeds with the same brush please.

Some do not give them "names" nor do they ask for exorbitant prices.

Not all breeders of purebred dogs are whiter than white, nor are all breeders of cross breeds the spawn of the devil!
promarc
Dogsey Senior
Male 

24-07-2011, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by ste View Post
Thats the difference between you, and lots of others, who are convinced they have some new,fancy breed. You say that yours is a cross breed. My point is that lots of these crosses are being exploited big time, by puppy farmers and byb, because others are willing to pay such money ? . When there are so many dogs in rescue, I just find it so sad
(love Sammy, he's sooooo beautiful )
Thankyou ste he's a top dog love him to bit's. yep alot near me are well mines this and mines that blah blah plain and simple there x breeds thats why when stopped i say bullmastiff cross rotty lol unfortunatley for him as soon as they here rotty there scared
ste
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-07-2011, 07:07 PM
For example the GDBA!
Sorry, but what is a GDBA?
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »