View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2016, 04:25 PM
Hello Griff I have turned into you. Sorry Lynn. It was a dog warden that told me about the use of umbrellas when one of my dogs was attacked by four small dogs. A large gents one is the best to use.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-06-2016, 04:52 PM
OOOps sorry brenda had one eye on the tele watching a series with subtitles.
I have a large golfing umbrella.
That's lovely griff. Definitely shopping for a hat.
June can't do any harm registering with an holistic vet.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-06-2016, 05:52 PM
Save your money June - holistic bolox nearly as bad as homeopathy. Zen will be fine just give her rest and time. I knew all the blerdy mumbo-jumbo would rear it's particularly stupid head at some point.
Sorry - no personal attacks in this just a firm belief in what is right and what is definitely wrong.
There is nothing wrong with feeding potato skins - lots of vit C etc, when I said mashed spud I should have said the whole thing (not peeled).
There were two old chaps in Dukinfield who raced greys for over 60 years and their diet for this was boiled cabbage 75% Hovis bread 25% and add a couple of Oxo cubes to the mix to make it palateable.
Believe it or not this worked a treat and wasn't anywhere as fancy as the diet I've been recomending. They never lost one or had one suffer any other side effects etc. So could be simple is best.
Griff - Glad you had a good time with Steve, you deserve it. Nice to know that he is concerned about your health, too! Wonder if it's anything to do with someone phoning Cov Bus Depot and telling them you had won the lottery but didn't want any publicity! LOL ! See, always helpful me!!!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-06-2016, 06:43 PM
LG the old ways are often the best, I never discount anything and never decide I know better, unless I actually do and someone is heading for disaster, even then I try to be as unalarming as possible.
Poor Zen everyone got a bone and she got white fish with veg and a banana. She has spent the better part of half an hour following me round whilst I cleared up and took the binbags over to the bins, found a couple of half empty ones and then came back, she carried on following me about, unable to understand or comprehend that any one, particularly her mummy, would deprive her of food
I had a feeling about potato skins LG, why I don't know, always best to check, don't want to poison the poor girly on top of her current misfortunes
Katherine's replied saying she had a puppy with it, and the poor thing was in dreadful pain, running a high temperature and could barely move. Sounds awful, but its quite a relief to find out that even people like her have had the problem and its not anything bad I've done or not done properly
Finished watching G.O.T this afternoon, Sean Bean got beheaded, not my day Text son and he is getting the next episodes for me.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2016, 07:13 PM
Evening all.

Lynn might be worth videoing the geese so you can show they come towards you with no provocation.....but to be honest I am sure that's what geese do....the problem is the man who put them there.......

Other than that do what my Mom just suggested get a bike horn and honk it back at them, or carry a pull cord panic/rape alarm.

Griff - Steve sounds really nice...........but then again you sound lovely too so why would he not sound nice. He is the lucky one.............

Took Mom and my eldest niece to Kidderminster carpet museum.....really enjoyed it which surprised me....our family history is of weavers/pickers/setters etc.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-06-2016, 07:21 PM
Quite agree Kazz not the geese's fault but the pain in the proverbial who is trying to make it as unpleasant as possible for people to use the footpath.
He has a huge orchard running alongside the footpath he could easily pen them off and his chickens and they and the public would be happy.
Those suggestions sound good thank you.
Museum sounds as if it was a good day out.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2016, 07:49 PM
Brenda, you will enjoy being me...my life has suddenly got exciting so you morphed at the right time lol
Lynn, I am very taken aback with Steve
LG, lol...no wonder he is keen then lol...had me looking at TVs today...so there was an ulterior motive!!!
Awwww TW...just remember you are doing it for Zens good.....it won't be forever will it??
Kazz, I like going to places like that, it amazes how something so simple can produce such magnificent designs. Thank you.....that is a lovely thing for you to say....I will however admit to being a horrible person in the past
He has just rung me.....again lol he wants to see me whilst he is on nights too! Bless him
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-06-2016, 08:00 PM
Flipping heck has he never heard of taking it slowly, he'll be sweeping you off your feet at this rate
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2016, 08:37 PM
Hello everyone
NJ I'm a so so sorry for your loss, poor Brian. Thinking of you and your family. Hope poor little Pepsi is ok now too.
TW hope Zen is better soon too, like Griff said its not for long and your doing it for her
Now Griff, sounds like Steve's a keeper you deserve it , glad you had a good time your date
Lynn hope you get somewhere with the Geese problem
Met my friend at 11 after SW we got chatting and next time I looked at the time it was quarter past 2 I'd not done a thing at home, lauryn has gone out to her friends by time I got in, so before Tony got in at 4 I'd made a curry, and managed to hover and done all pots- well put them in dishwasher
It was lovely here this morning and really warm, I took Rosie out at 7.30, it started raining but I was cruel and made her stay out
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2016, 08:59 PM
Hahaha Mandy...the clock must have been really fast
Lol....he went from being disinterested on Sunday night or so I thought to being attentive and planning a week in advance with me lol
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >