View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2012, 08:09 PM
Good.......you're still alive then Just checking.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2012, 08:55 PM
Yep, still here I'm afraid!!!

Now a very strange thing happened earlier. I had a bath, but Dave said it shouldn't be too hot and he didn't want to spend another night in casualty and suggested a shower, but I really wanted a bath. Anyhoo, all of a sudden, as I laid in it, I suddenly felt normal again the pain had stopped in my head everytime I shifted direction, and everything seemed all clear again, can't explain it, but I felt quite good again, so can't complain about that.

An hour later, as I was sitting in the recliner, stuffing me face with a sausage sarnie, I felt this big lumpy sausage shaped thing around the front of my neck oooer I said to Dave, what's all this swelling along the top of my collar bones at the sides of me neck then?? He said he hadn't studied my neck that close to notice, but of course, I know my own body, so Iknew it wasn't usually there, so I kept prodding it and left it.

Half an hour later, that has now all gone???!!! Could that have been fluid I wonder that was trapped up there in my skull.......the only problem being, where's it heading now!! Fluid's ok though isn't it??? If it was a big clot it would be in a blood vessell, and be all pumping, but this was just sitting there, not painful or anything. Oh well, we'll have to wait and see if I'm here in the morning then....again!!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-01-2012, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oh well, we'll have to wait and see if I'm here in the morning then....again!!!!
It'll take more than a swollen shoulder to drag you off this world but I'll check in tommorrow just to be sure
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2012, 09:56 PM
This ere lumpy sausage thing was at the FRONT of your neck, not at the side? I only ask, cos there are no important arteries and things at the front, so that would rule out a ginormous clot heading southwards I have a friend who had a sausagy lump in her artery, but that was sort of beneath her ear.

Now, you were eating a sausage sarnie at the time (my dear girl.......how very common, have you run out of smoked salmon I wonder ), are you sure that you were eating nicely and didn't swallow a vast lump all in one go?

The hot bath thing is very strange isn't it, but who cares about the whys and wherefores just as long as you are feeling better. Perhaps the heat and steam expanded something and eased the passage for the bruising debris. O heck I don't know.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2012, 10:58 PM
Hiya H, could be way off but I'm wondering if you maybe have had a touch of a virus going on at the same time? I had woozy, swollen bits etc before but it was just a virus.

I hope everything is ok anyway, you don't sound quite right though!
Hopefully your doctor actually looks at that scan on monday.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-01-2012, 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
you were eating a sausage sarnie at the time (my dear girl.......how very common, have you run out of smoked salmon I wonder )
I was thinking the same thing Sally, not like Helena at all, but I put it down to the bump on the head
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-01-2012, 07:07 AM
I bet they wern't just common everyday kind of sausages. knowing H and her posh nosh, i bet they were venison, with truffles or something.
You really are having some very strange turns there Helena, are you sure your not turning into an alien.
Joking aside i hope you get sorted soon hun, it must be scarey not knowing what the H is up with you.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2012, 07:22 AM
I hope you are feeling better today H.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2012, 08:26 AM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
This ere lumpy sausage thing was at the FRONT of your neck, not at the side? I only ask, cos there are no important arteries and things at the front, so that would rule out a ginormous clot heading southwards I have a friend who had a sausagy lump in her artery, but that was sort of beneath her ear.

No old bean, it was sitting on the two bones which sit at the bottom of and around your neck, kind of like a sausage necklace (instead of my usual pearls lol!) Well, I'm sorry, but I can't have that!!! Now, you were eating a sausage sarnie at the time (my dear girl.......how very common, have you run out of smoked salmon I wonder ), are you sure that you were eating nicely and didn't swallow a vast lump all in one go?

That's affirmative

The hot bath thing is very strange isn't it, but who cares about the whys and wherefores just as long as you are feeling better. Perhaps the heat and steam expanded something and eased the passage for the bruising debris. O heck I don't know.
It can't have been anything serious, as I'm still here again this morning! Thanks for trying old bean, I'm just glad it went coz it wasn't a good look mate!!!!

Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
Hiya H, could be way off but I'm wondering if you maybe have had a touch of a virus going on at the same time? I had woozy, swollen bits etc before but it was just a virus.

I hope everything is ok anyway, you don't sound quite right though!Hopefully your doctor actually looks at that scan on monday.
Do I ever???!!! I'm still ok, and fluid sausage lump has not returned....anywhere! Thanks Nic

Originally Posted by Losos View Post
I was thinking the same thing Sally, not like Helena at all, but I put it down to the bump on the head
Yes, there's going to be a lot I can put down to this in the future isn't there H!

Originally Posted by lynnb View Post
I bet they wern't just common everyday kind of sausages. knowing H and her posh nosh, i bet they were venison, with truffles or something.
You really are having some very strange turns there Helena, are you sure your not turning into an alien.
Joking aside i hope you get sorted soon hun, it must be scarey not knowing what the H is up with you.
Oh you know me so well Lynn They were Mr. Waitrose's finest Outdoor reared pork Gloucestershire off the counter, not the shelf!!! I really don't know Lynn, I've confused the radiographer, I've confused the doctor when he felt the weird lumpy head on that side, and now I've confused meself with this new sausage jewellery!!

Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
I hope you are feeling better today H.
I am thanks Gerri!! Still got the pain in the head when I move about, or lie down, BUT, it feels clearer if you know what I mean, I'm out of zombie mode, I could even be returning to my interpretation of what is "normal"!!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-01-2012, 09:19 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Yes, there's going to be a lot I can put down to this in the future isn't there H!
Just pleased you're still here
Page 12 of 19 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »