View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
KatieB_23
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-08-2006, 11:28 AM
Haha, what a very good point! No offence taken at all (well by me anyway!)
Yes I think in this thread 'human food' is taken to mean 'food that doesn't come out of a packet with a picture of a dog on the front'.
bint
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-08-2006, 02:41 PM
Hey sara1210
how's your staffie doing with her food? Has she given in yet? Hope she's eating better now.
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-08-2006, 03:04 PM
This is great reading, as one of my two is starting to turn his nose up at food again. I thought I had cracked it though by putting his food down then watching my two eat. They get fed outside, and are on biscuits with Prize Choice Meat added. It gets varied what kind of meat, either Tripe, Beef, Chicken Rabbit or Lamb. They will also get the scraps added in from any left over dinner.

Yesterday morning I noticed that the flattie was getting a little bit fat, I found out why last night

The golden is definately the boss in my house between the two and will guard his food/bone/toy whatever. But last night I watched them eat (normally I let them get on with it outside as the golden has been eating normally the last few months and his condition has been good) and noticed he had a few mouthfuls, spat out a bit and had the flatcoat hovering round in the background, he turned his head away and the flattie dived in and started to hoover up his dinner, the golden was bothered at all. Straight away I dived out there and took the dinner up and then put it in the bin, I knew he didnt want it other wise he wouldnt have let the flatcoat have it, and there was no way that the flatcoat was going to get the remains as he's getting fat

In the past, when the golden has been finicky, I've starved him for 24 hours, then given a small handful of food. If he has turned his nose up or laid down next to it then I just pick it up and put it back in the bag (if it's biscuits) and think 'Tough, you can go hungry'

Should I continue doing this ? Or can someone recommend another way for me to get the little b*gger eating again ?

Thanks
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2006, 04:55 PM
Hi everyone

Thanks for all the advice. Just updating on how Tia is doing on her food. Ive been doing the twenty minute thing, putting it down and if she hasnt eaten it in twenty minutes picking it back up. She was stubborn to start with but yesterday as soon as i put it down she ate the lot, but today she has gone back to refusing. Any ideas or should i just stick with it
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-08-2006, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by Sara1210
Hi everyone

Thanks for all the advice. Just updating on how Tia is doing on her food. Ive been doing the twenty minute thing, putting it down and if she hasn't eaten it in twenty minutes picking it back up. She was stubborn to start with but yesterday as soon as i put it down she ate the lot, but today she has gone back to refusing. Any ideas or should i just stick with it
Hi Sara if that is the food you have chosen to feed stick with it, I have yet to hear of a dog that starved to death because it didn't like the food..if your dog is not ill it will eat when hungry.
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2006, 09:35 PM
Hi everyone

I think ive cracked Tia`s eating problem thanks to everyones suggestions so i`d just like to say thank you to everyone who gave there advice
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-08-2006, 09:46 PM
I'm really pleased you have got it sorted out.

Happy dog and happy owner.

Dawn R.
KatieB_23
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-08-2006, 08:08 AM
Originally Posted by Sara1210
Hi everyone

I think ive cracked Tia`s eating problem thanks to everyones suggestions so i`d just like to say thank you to everyone who gave there advice
It was saying "Hmm Yummy yummy" that worked, wasn't it?!
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4