Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2014, 06:36 PM

Help with Photobucket problem

Hi, wondering if anyone can throw any light on a PB problem I'm having. I want to pick up some old photo's I have on there, but seem unable to do so.

The picture IS there, and when I right click to save the picture a little box comes up that it can't find the file to save it. Soooo, I then chose the e-mail option for each picture I want, e-mail them to myself and I get the green tick at the top saying success it's been sent. However, I never get anything and I've now tried 2 e-mail addies.

So then I take the "copy" option for it, save it to a new folder with the other ones I want, and try and save those back to my puter, but again, that box comes up that it can't find the file. So then I do the e-mail bit all over again and have still received nothing?

Any ideas please, cos these are some old puppy pics I want to send to a friend? I must be doing something wrong and yet why is it telling me the e-mail has been a success then? Thanks!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2014, 07:11 PM
I've just tried on mine and I can do it
Have you tried another pic just to see what happens with that?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-09-2014, 08:06 PM
Not sure if it is the same problem I had, if it is you click on the picture first then click on the email or copy option and wait till it says copied then post it.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2014, 08:09 PM
Hi Jen and thanks. I've tried loads of pics but finally I decided to unlock the album that I copied them all to, then I enlarged them by clicking on one and used the side arrows and voila, right clicking twice, gets me to the save picture as option, and I've managed to save half a dozen. I was going to post them on here as a last resort just to see if I could pick them up that way, but then you'd all have thought I'd got another puppy wouldn't you!!

NO, that's not gonna happen, although having seen these gorgeous pics of Zena only a few weeks old I'm kind of getting broody now Jen Thanks for trying for me.xx
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-09-2014, 08:21 AM
Just a tip
Never ever edit existing photos always always work on copies.

I also put every photo/video onto a DVD disk straight from the camera ,even before doing any editing. That way Ok I might have to start again with editing but at least I have not lost anything
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2014, 12:52 PM
Thanks Lynn and Tumbleweed for the tips.

That's what I did T, I made a copy and put all my copies into a new album so if I lost them, I'd still have the originals. I did put all these pictures on disk, loads of discs, but where they are in this new house I can't remember and can't find them, so PB was my only option.

As you say Lynn, you have to work with the enlarged picture to be able to save it back to your computer, and also you have to right click on it TWICE, before you can get the option to save picture as on your computer.

Hopefully, that might help others who want to retrieve pictures from PB.