Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-10-2012, 11:47 AM

Anyone done TTouch training?

I fancy doing a course on TTouch and have found one near me with Rachel Jackson in Stockport.

Wanted to ask if anyone had done any training on this and found it beneficial?
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-10-2012, 12:00 PM
Just seen Linda Tellington-Jones' book on Amazon so will get it and have a read.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2012, 12:04 PM
I did a one day workshop several years ago. I sit on the fence with this one. I believe massage is very therapeutic, whether or not TTouch is anything "special" or not, well I remain to be convinced.

I like the groundwork however as it has definite benefit and applications in all areas.
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-10-2012, 12:39 PM
Lots of bods on the doberehome forum are really into and have good results.

Im taking my boy for a Mctimmoney/canine touch session this evening. A friend is studying her Equine touch course after seeing fabulous results when her own horse was done.

Im keen to see it in action and may do a course if i think it would be beneficial for my little athlete (currently off games with a pulled shoulder)

Google Emma Overend if you fancy a look at what its all about or google equine/canine touch
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2012, 03:27 PM
I have done 3 days training with Sarah Fisher. She's amazing.
I have used the minimal amount I learnt to settle foster dogs and calm Tango when she gets stressed. It isn't massage, it's a total way of being.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2012, 03:31 PM
Rachel is lovely too she was helping on my initial two days. I think Fudgeley did a day with her last year.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2012, 03:52 PM
I did a day with a lady when it first came over to the UK & have used it on all sorts of dogs.

I used it on an ex street dog that performed on stage off lead in Annie, his owner told me she couldn't understand why he was so relaxed after being with me.

All my dogs enjoy it & are soon z-ing it after I start.

Works for me
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2012, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermonkey View Post
Lots of bods on the doberehome forum are really into and have good results.

Im taking my boy for a Mctimmoney/canine touch session this evening. A friend is studying her Equine touch course after seeing fabulous results when her own horse was done.

Im keen to see it in action and may do a course if i think it would be beneficial for my little athlete (currently off games with a pulled shoulder)

Google Emma Overend if you fancy a look at what its all about or google equine/canine touch
McTimmoney helped my Lurcher who damaged his spinal cord at 5mths he was PTS at 11yrs. As he got older his visit were more regular, until he was 9yrs he could run with other dogs , but the last 2yrs off lead only with no other dogs. I'm sure he would not have such a good quality of life without McTimmoney.

Not so good for me though.

Good luck always worth a try.
dave olley
Dogsey Junior
Male 

12-10-2012, 04:08 PM
I used to run a lot of growl/rehabilitation classes and use a home made version of massage therapy. Sometimes having 8 to 10 aggresive dogs in a room.
I talked the handlers through a 10 min session at the end of a class, this seem to relax dogs and owners. I think it also helped them to cope with the next class passing them in the car park.

Dave.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2012, 04:51 PM
I would love to
I read some and watched some clips then tried a couple of touches on Ben (very inexpertly) He gave the biggest happiest sigh I have ever heard - he LOVES it
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >