Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2006, 07:56 AM

Ntl Digital-Problems

After being with NTL for many years ( formerley Nynex ) I have to admit we are seriously considering another supplier.

We have so many occasions when the broadband connection fails, this comes via the tv set top box, and I have to switch it all off and re-boot it.

The tv is slow ( according to my daughter ) and takes time to switch from channel to channel. She said Sky was better and so much faster.

My oh and I decided to use the inter active service at the weekend for the first time. Chose Harry Potter, and during the movie we experienced at least 12 breaks in the transmission, actually black screen and nothing else.

The only service we have never had problems with is the phone.

I decided to report this this morning, and out of principle asked for a refund for the film. An engineer is going to call today after being told the Interactive signals are low!!

He also mentioned a lot of information being sent down the signal which may have caused it.

Again, it's all a upheaval that you can quite do without-especially when neither of you are that knowledgable.

What services can you recommend for joint tv, pc, and phone ?
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2006, 08:00 AM
I cant give you a good package deal, but boy do i feel your pain with NTL. I had the exact same problems with them.

I am now with Sky HD (£47) BT Broadband & phone (£35) Expensive but definitely worth it! especially in my OH's eyes
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2006, 08:18 AM
Excuse my ignorance what is the HD bit ??
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2006, 08:20 AM
we were once NTL formally nynex and couldn't wait for the year to be up ....the telly was always down and my phone bills shot up ...we went back to BT as soon as we could
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2006, 08:36 AM
Originally Posted by Inca
we were once NTL formally nynex and couldn't wait for the year to be up ....the telly was always down and my phone bills shot up ...we went back to BT as soon as we could

As you know we have been fed up with the service for ages............ just a bit slow on the change over
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-07-2006, 08:36 AM
we used to be with ntl and had probs with customer service and accounts. the one thing we never had a problem with was the picture. changed to sky 2 years ago and the one thing we do have problems with is the picture. we have just had the entire system replaced due to the problems. we now have new box new lmb and it seems better but not faultless, also you have to buy sky equipment and when things go wrong unless it is insured you have to pay for the repairs and equipment. I would say think carefully
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2006, 08:39 AM
Thanks for that trouble... I know most have problems at some time.. just got to weigh it all up!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-07-2006, 09:09 AM
What i would do is keep your internet with NTL/ Telewest i say this only for the better speeds with cable than with BT also get a seperate modem for you internet it will be better than the one in the set top box.

For your TV switch to sky and you won't pay as much as you do with NTL for the same channels.

If you go sky theres 3 pakages available right now Sky Digital, Sky Digital + & Sky Digital HD all the HD is High Definiion. you will have to pay extra for + & HD as these are differant decoders than the just Digital one.
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2006, 09:48 AM
I am having the same problem with my ntl tv, but not with the broadband as mine is run off its own modem. I will be switching back to sky after the twelve months runs out.

When you contact sky tell them what you want to pay for all the channels, I used to be with them and had every channel, an extra box in the bedroom and sky plus for £32 a month, it should have been £50 odd. Stand your ground they need your custom!

Good luck
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2006, 11:15 AM
Also feel your pain, just went back to BT for broadband/phone and have always had Sky for Tele. NTL are just too much hard work and their customer services are non existent.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >