register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Visitor
New Member!

16-12-2004, 01:32 AM
I agree with the hand on the stick - I thought this too. I remember seeing one of the programmes where they rescued a big dog, dane x I think with imbedded chain round its neck. Lovely dog but when they came to do his temperament test with the hand on the stick, he went for it. The dog had been starved - how could they honestly tell if he would be like that when up to his full weight, been loved and his neck healed. He was PTS as well. Surely there must be breed rescues near to them that would help out?
senorita
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-12-2004, 03:11 AM
I used to watch that show and i could not take it, it was too painful i was so angry after it, the poor abused animals, and i do not think they give the people harsh enough punishment and it disturbs me, plus i live in Detroit and i cant take knowing what is going on and every chance i get i pick up a stray pooch no matter what the breed, and i have had police act like i am stupid for picking up a stray pittbull. After i turned the Pitt over to the animal shelter ( And he was the sweetest kindest dog) i found out they put all Pitts to sleep!!!! I was and am outraged they do not give them a chance and the sick people here using them for fighting and when i see it on tv i become enraged!

I wish i could help every animal who does not have a home like my dogs, and give them tons of love and happiness but i know very few people around here who would go out of there way to save a helpless animal, animals lives are not cherished enough.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4