Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 10:08 PM

Pet Passport

I am posting this on behalf of a friend of mine. Who is a member but doesn't manage to get on the net much.
How much is a Passport for a dog? Is there a standard fee or does it vary? Her dog is chipped and does have up to date vacs.
Thanks xx
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
I am posting this on behalf of a friend of mine. Who is a member but doesn't manage to get on the net much.
How much is a Passport for a dog? Is there a standard fee or does it vary? Her dog is chipped and does have up to date vacs.
Thanks xx
the actual passport is free(well mine was)the cost comes in the fees for the Rabies vax, blood sample & titre test all of which depends on the vet concerned
Munsti-Sue
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-01-2011, 10:43 PM
Cost will vary between vets. Think were I work it is about £160-ish, which includes chip, rabies vaccine, blood sample/lab fees and the issue of the passport.
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2011, 10:53 PM
Mine have just had the jab and go back in feb for the blood test , it cost 80 pounds for both which i think is good, the ferry crossing from plymouth to santander cost 639 pounds for 2 adults and 2 dogs which includes a cabin to sleep us and the dogs and a swipe card to the doggy deck to let them exercise and do the other.

we then have a 600 mile trip to SIL but are there for 3 wks , SIL has a neighbour with boarding kennels so days out sorted and need to introduce my hounds to the spanish galego hounds and hope they get on ! SIL vet will do anything required for the trip home and apparently prices are much cheaper than the UK I have done my homework on the types of diseases that are possible and covered that as much I can . Dogs are good in the car and there are services every 10 clics on the journey so gonna go for it ! Its an effort to ge the passport but really worthwhile when doggies are part of the family and you want them to come with you !
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-01-2011, 10:57 PM
This guy done it with his dog Look at how happy Bondi is! The most well travelled Malumute in the world I would say!
I did wonder how he got on entering all the different countries and with different quarantine measures especially here. I take it he had a pet passport?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P8IHsFxhpc