Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CovetKaty
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-10-2010, 02:42 PM

I control everything!

So the customers at my work say anyway! Today I was accused of:
- Making up the prices so I could pocket the extra money.
- Not being clear that a film had sold out (I shouted 4 times to the queue that it was sold out!)
- Putting a film in a small screen just to spite people.
- Making up the prices of food/tickets.
- Changing the film times so this one woman missed her film (She was an hour late!)
- Building the car park too small.

Because I'm apparently as well as a cinema worker, I'm a:
Traffic warden
HR personnel at Head office
Head of Cineworld
A mute
A projectionist/Technician
Builder.
Head of Orange (mobile phone company)

I'm such a dab hand at this running a cinema lark!

Anyone else have those moments at work where you're accused of pretty much everything under the sun because they fancy moaning at you?
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2010, 03:56 PM
Yes indeed!! I know what you mean. I'm a nurse and everything that goes wrong in our unit is the nurses' fault!!
I have been accused of:-
1. Making the unit too cold (so now I'm a heating engineeer! )
2. Messing up patient transport (so now I'm a taxi driver)
3. Not taking a blood sample on a patient..even though that patient was an in-patient on a ward and it was their resposibility!!
4. Got the blame for the sandwiches being crap!! (Now I'm a hospital chef!!)
5. And it's very usual for us to get the blame for all the patients' ailments!
6. We're always being told by our superiors that we're not doing the job properly
It's got so bad that I am going to leave nursing. I hate it.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2010, 11:21 AM
I work on a Benefits advice line by which you would think I would be able to come out with some right horrible things people say!

Actually most of our customers are lovely and some are in very vulnerable stressful situations.

Only once or twice have I had difficulties so I am quite pleased with that!

I think it is harder when you are face to face with people. If I get a customer on the phone being abusive there is always the option of pressing the disconnect button after a warning.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2010, 01:50 PM
Awww, sorry you'd had such an awful time at work

Having worked with the 'wonderful' general public for many years, I can categorically say that the customer most certainly is NOT right all the time! Some of them are downright rude and obnoxious and treat members of staff terribly - not all of course are like that, but it can get to you when they are.

As a GP receptionist, I've been accused of:-

Taking too long to open the front door and making them feel cold. Err, well nobody asked you to come 45mins before we open and I don't control the elements!!

Allowing patients to queue jump - Nope they were seeing a different GP to you

Making the surgery running behind time on appointments - what am I meant to do, burst into the Doctors room and tell them to stop talking and hurry up!!

Losing their prescription/test results/blood or urine samples - oh yes, I take them home don't you know!!

Not answering the phone quick enough - I must have been busy hiding the prescriptions/test results, samples!!

Telling them the wrong time/date of appointment - now it couldn't possibly have been you that wrote it down wrong mmmmm?

I appreciate that people aren't at their best when coming to surgery because they feel ill, but really, it isn't always the fault of the receptionist!!

We do get some lovely people too I hasten to add, not all of them moan at us.
CovetKaty
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-10-2010, 02:37 PM
Aye I should add that yesterday, during the massive Paranormal activity 2 ID fest a girl came to my till who did look quite young. She asked for a ticket for it and I asked for ID, she then said "Which would you like?" and produced not only her passport but a Citizen card and a laminated copy of her birth certificate! I was so suprised, turned out she was 16 and I happily sold her the ticket. She said she couldn't believe people would turn up without anything