Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2005, 07:50 AM
Hi Franc

I did A level photography in 2001, before that I had been studying photography for a really long time.

Now I'm doing a degree in Photography, so yeah, I guess you could say I'm "into it"

What are you tinting with? Is it those coloured inks you get for photos? If it is, I would be careful with them... they can end up looking really gaudy

Have you tried oil paints? Used correctly they are much more subtle

PM if you want help
franc1987
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-10-2005, 12:03 PM
Tuti! I wanted to do a degree in photography but they wont let me on the course so i am going for teacher training instead!

I am not sure what i am tinting with yet, i am going to try loads of different matierals. So far i have just messed around on an old photo with an ohp pen and it looked pretty good! I will keep you in mind for advice, my teacher is useless at times

xx
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2005, 12:08 PM
Franc which course did you apply for? There are loads of very good courses but the thing is you need an excellent portfolio to get into most - use this course to build up a good portfolio and try again in a year or two if you still want to - it's a very competitive field unfortunately, it seems these days everyone wants to be a photographer - so you need to be very good and and have a very professional attitude to even have a hope of getting anywhere

If you take the tiniest (and i do mean the TINIEST) dot of oil paint and rub it in to the picture with some cottonwool, you can build up the colour really slowly, with the B+W tones still showing through. That way you can get the exact density of colour you would like Oil paints also have the added advantage that you can remove them from the photo if you mess it up or go overboard
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2