Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2024, 07:09 AM

Monday 18th March 2024

Woke up one morning half asleep. Another song. Yep I was and wondered what the time was and it was 6 o'clock, sun was coming up quite quickly. Hope you all have a lovely day. Word for today: Sirenian
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-03-2024, 09:11 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
Sunny here so washing will be going on the line.
Today feels odd we are usually over with Freya on a Monday but did yesterday as Sue (Lauren's mum) is unwell so Lauren changed her day off to today and we did yesterday a wet and miserable day except we had Joel at home too so we all went out to a huge garden centre and had coffee and cake and Jole had breakfast as he got up and we went out.
Next Monday is our last Monday with Freya as she gets her free hours at nursery and we were given the choice to have our Mondays back except for Bank holidays and the odd Sunday.
We won't miss the long days and early starts but we will of course miss Freya, we will make sure we get together on their days off.

I just think I am moving on from Brewster then on my FB page up pops his sister who did well in a show, likewise his mum and one of his brothers.
Then backwards I go and the guilt sets in.
Plenty to do so will put it to the back of my mind.

Happy belated Birthday Barry and Gary.

Hoping everyone has a good day and that the sun is shining where you are.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2024, 10:40 AM
Good morning Brenda and Lynn

Hope you had a good walk Brenda

Yes you will miss Freya but enjoy some me time whilst you can Lynn.

It was lovely and sunny but has now clouded over. Teazle walked and bed changed. I will wash it tomorrow but tomorrow will be busy for me as I have to take `Barry to the dentist and get a few bits in town whilst he is there. By the time I get back from the school run it will not leave a lot of time to do much. School run this afternoon and then they will all be over for the night. At leat only one early morning this week

Take care everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-03-2024, 01:03 PM
Morning yes looking forward to more time.

Gosh another busy few days for you.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2024, 01:43 PM
Lynn I think we all get the guilts. You mustn't you did more than your best. I feel guilty by buying myself a tervuren after having shepherds and collies and having Tyto who I must say was my rock but hey ho I have done it so onwards and upwards as they say. Enjoy your free time.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2024, 02:24 PM
Brenda, thanks for the card, was very kind of you.
Mum and dad are on the way back, she didn't really get any answers from him but she has said there's no going back, don't know if he has accepted that or not.
I have increased my steroids again....I have been on an increased dose for a week with no difference, higher chemo for a week...no difference, so will up my steroids and hopefully I will feel a bit more comfortable
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-03-2024, 03:02 PM
Thank you brenda.
I hope you feel better soon griff.

Gorden took my Kia over to the mechanic we use this morning it has been doing this weird grabby thing when braking or slowing down.
Turns out to be the transfer box most likely. It doesn't do it all the time just sometimes something has broken inside and sometimes it goes into 4x4 mode of its own accord.

Thank goodness we took out the engine and gearbox guarantee on this car.
Now have to get in touch ith the warranty people and see where we go from here.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2024, 03:34 PM
Lynn its gremlins. When they get wet they do strange things. lol!! Kelly I am amazed that you got your card so quickly.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-03-2024, 04:57 PM
Lol gremlins brenda.

We had a bit of a dispute well Gorden did the warranty company say its external so not covered, Gorden got back onto the mechanic we use and him and his mechanic friend agreed it should be covered as it is part of the transmission which is gearbox related.
After a 2nd conversation they see what they are meaning but they argue it might not be covered due to it being external.

So the mechanic takes it apart diagnosis it rings them to confirm it is that then they say yes they will cover it and the job goes ahead, or they say no the car gets put back together sits on the drive till we can afford the transfer not cheap apparently and then get the job done.
We will take the tax and insurance off while it sits on the drive if that's our only option.

It is driveable but a pain to drive when it plays up and eventually it will go completely I guess.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2024, 05:00 PM
Good afternoon all

Best day of the year weatherwise here so a lovely morning out

I'm trying to lose a few pounds. Dave went to Tesco to fill the car up and get some bananas. He did get bananas but also chocolate rolls, kitkats and chocolate biscuits. Me thinks he likes me being fat

Hope the steroids and chemo kick in soon Kelly. You've not felt well for such a long time now
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >