Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
If the smell is that bad - Environmental health should be called out! If it's hazardous and they may even kick the RSPCA into action - very lucky if they do...
If you mention to EH that children walk along these paths then that's a sure way to get them out, total different scenario but my neighbour had a leaky roof and northern counties weren't bothered but when the told EH that they had two small children they kicked NC into action straight away... they could be worth a phonecall
Unfortunately very few people walk past there now, and certainly not down by that stretch of the river, it is so sad that a handful of grots can cause so much disruption. When I last spoke to the Council, they said that they were fully aware of the situation, and were "on the case". They have been on the case for nearly two months now.

I too thought that Environmental Health would be interested......after all, if you or I behaved in a similar manner then they would be down on us like the proverbial ton of bricks and no messing. Unfortunately, it seems that no matter what they do (none of the vehicles seem to be taxed either) nobody in authority is prepared to take action unless it is according to the specific guidelines laid down by whoever it was.

They now have three generators which are positioned on the grass by all the picnic benches - they spew out thick foul oil constantly. If I could avoid the area then I would to be honest, but due to my dog's paw problems the river walk is my only option.

Today, none of the dogs were there - I can only hope that they are inside the caravans in some sort of warmth.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 07:50 PM
Have you thought about calling the water board and complaining that there seems to be sewerage in there? Perhaps if they check and complain to environmental health then something will be done as otherwise it looks as if they are leaving a sewerage problem.

Or the countryside code people etc as its preventing people enjoying the coutryside and probably no good for wildlife etc either.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-12-2010, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
Have you thought about calling the water board and complaining that there seems to be sewerage in there? Perhaps if they check and complain to environmental health then something will be done as otherwise it looks as if they are leaving a sewerage problem.

Or the countryside code people etc as its preventing people enjoying the coutryside and probably no good for wildlife etc either.
It's no good calling in these people they will not investigate unless the Police accompany them and the Police will not enter these 'travellers sites' except when investigating serious crime such as murder and even then they will only enter if they have sufficient numbers.

A recent real life Police programme (I think it may have been Brit Cops) showed them chasing a suspected car thief, they followed him all the way to a 'travellors camp' but wouldn't enter as there were only two of them

The media have been 'warned off' and these travellers can now do pretty much what they want, when they want, and where ever they want. Talk about a 'fair' society
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 08:38 PM
Today, none of the dogs were there - I can only hope that they are inside the caravans in some sort of warmth.
or hopefully off to better homes..

Losos - thats so unfair what about everyone else in the area?
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
It's no good calling in these people they will not investigate unless the Police accompany them and the Police will not enter these 'travellers sites' except when investigating serious crime such as murder and even then they will only enter if they have sufficient numbers.

A recent real life Police programme (I think it may have been Brit Cops) showed them chasing a suspected car thief, they followed him all the way to a 'travellors camp' but wouldn't enter as there were only two of them

The media have been 'warned off' and these travellers can now do pretty much what they want, when they want, and where ever they want. Talk about a 'fair' society
That is all, sadly, so so true. Why on earth can we not take a leaf out of Australia's book? This country is ridiculous at times. I have done all that I can, along with others from the town who are equally incensed about the state of the area where they have settled and equally concerned about the dogs. We can pester the Council etc. all we like, and we do, but will get absolutely nowhere. They have to follow the wretched rules.

or hopefully off to better homes..

I doubt it sadly, but if they are inside then that is something.

Losos - thats so unfair what about everyone else in the area?
We don't matter it seems. However it will be us who have to pay to clear up the mess if and when they are finally moved on.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
That is all, sadly, so so true. Why on earth can we not take a leaf out of Australia's book? This country is ridiculous at times. I have done all that I can, along with others from the town who are equally incensed about the state of the area where they have settled and equally concerned about the dogs. We can pester the Council etc. all we like, and we do, but will get absolutely nowhere. They have to follow the wretched rules.

We don't matter it seems. However it will be us who have to pay to clear up the mess if and when they are finally moved on.
I bet they dont pay council tax!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 09:18 PM
Of course they don't Dobermann.........silly you for even considering it
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 09:22 PM
lol just everyone else that pays to clean up after their type who don't care and the fly tippers...
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 09:22 PM
thats GK, I just wondered because I have met A Travelling Person before and they took great offense at being called A Gypsy etc but I didnt really get or understand why at the time, they didn't elaborate, so is there an underlying 'territory' thing there? or is it just that the ethics of both groups are so different that they don't like each other?
A traveller being offended atbeing called a gypsy the other way round i could understand.

Gypsies don't leave crap behind them, human excrement, rubbish, etc etc. These people come hereand take advantage of their "rights" - i.e expect encampments with facilities atc to be provided. They choose to live that way thats down to them.

My family used to live in caravans years (great grandfathers generation) ago on Belvedere Marshes in Kent and worked for a living in service mainly and selling wreaths and things they made. Travellers don't pay taxes, they get away with that because their caravans are classed as non-permanent buildings, they get away with all sorts.

I just don't want to be associated with them !
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 09:30 PM
In our area, well a few miles away, there is a site for them with brick built accomodation, whirly gigs, plumbing.....should see all the kids toys they have!! (in their gardens, no less) but at least it means someone keeps an eye and its tidier. Its all cars that cost upwards of about £30,000 parked outside!!

But then not far again, in town they have a caravan from travellers its been there YEARS, its absoluley manky and the GSD is tied up all the time and outdoors on a rope, a long coat so wont have an undercoat, everynow and again it seems to disappear and a pony (which is also left looking really shabby) appears with a shelter full of holes...

I mean, there are people paying hundreds of pounds a month in council tax in that area and I think they could at least try and keep the place clean but they dont wash the caravan...and its right off the motorway oposite the lesuire park so thats the first impressions of people visiting will have of the area...
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >