View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2010, 11:28 AM
It makes you sick doesnt it! Genreally i am a very understanding person and make sure not to judge people based on race, colour or sex but i have to admit i do hate travellers with a passion.

Its ever since they made them come to my primary school and they got speical treatment. One started a fight with me because i laughed in class at her (mean i know but i was 6 she was 8 and was very behind, you are just a bit like then as kids). Anyway i took it for a bit with a dinner lady watching then she started to kick me really hard so i had enough and fought back. As soon as i landed a good hit the dinner lady then came over and dragged me to the headmaster while she got off scot free.

Ever since this is a theme that has carried on - travellers get special treatment when really they are pure scum. They steal, they're dirty, have no respect for anyone else and should be treated like any other parasites!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-12-2010, 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by Razcox View Post
It makes you sick doesnt it! Genreally i am a very understanding person and make sure not to judge people based on race, colour or sex but i have to admit i do hate travellers with a passion.
Don't ever be tempted to come to Czechland then there are lots here, as soon as Czech Republic gained entry to the EU they were queing up to come to UK, the embassy had to install a special office at the airport and everyone had to show their passports to them before checking in at the airline, this was how they helped to put a stop to it 'tho some still got through of course.

However, one big difference is that the local council leaders are much more honest and straitforward when speaking about the problems, unlike in the UK where council officials are so scarred of speaking the truth.

We regularly hear from towns where the mayor has banned them, of course that immediately generates controvosy and for some reason there is always someone who stands up and says that banning them is unfair. A lot of people on this planet live in cloud cuckoo land
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-12-2010, 12:46 PM
I personally don't feel kindness towards travellers, purely on the basis that a dog i knew was stolen from a house in a burglery and then found a few weeks later on a travellers site 70 miles up the road and being used as a pitbull. He was being kept in a tiny, cramped crate and had marks all over his body.
Thank god the police scanned him for a microchip, and discovered he was the stolen dog. He was thankfully well enough to be reunited with his family. But what was saying that the other poor "pitbull types" kept at the site had the same fate? They were probably peoples pets as well.

I try not to discriminate, but sometimes i just cannot help it. Most of the sites which travellers get on around here get completely trashed. Just up the road they smashed a farmers fence down, put the caravans on his land and proceeded to leave their toilet waste and rubbish all across the land when he left. - They also burned his wood to make a bonfire. It took a very long time to get the land back to normal, with little to no help from the council leaving him footing the bill.

It is not fair, if we went about doing this we would be prosecuted. Obviously i understand that everyone has to live somewhere - totally agree there. I just cannot get my head around how somebody has the guts to just go and wreck places when they have not paid a penny towards staying there...

Dont get me wrong, I'm sure there are some travellers/gypsies out there that do really look after there pets, but unfortunatly based upon what i have personally witnessed, seen and heard... There is an awful lot out there that do not treat them as pets at all.

Keep us updated, i really hope those dogs end up ok and have a lovely christmas somewhere they are loved. I just hope if they are taken the poor staffies are not deemed to be pitbull types or to aggressive Its a tricky one. But you did the right thing for those dogs.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2010, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Hi there Helena!!

Yes, the true Gypsies do look after all their animals - dogs and ponies alike, but these people to me are the pits. They pay no taxes and pile up their filth expecting it to be removed. They empty their loos down the river bank, and that area is now a total health hazard.

I have been in touch with the Council and they are in the process of trying to evict them, and they have also sent a dog warden down there to assess the dogs.

The warden was not convinced that the dogs were a) safe, or b) well looked after. I will contact him again tomorrow, and if there is no joy, then will ring the RSPCA but to be honest I have no faith in them whatsoever
As you said in your original post these people are not gypsies, thanks for observing that point i come from a Romany background and my grandfather kept horses and dogs and loved and cared for them, true gypsies respect and value nature and animals.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2010, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by Razcox View Post

Its ever since they made them come to my primary school and they got speical treatment. One started a fight with me because i laughed in class at her (mean i know but i was 6 she was 8 and was very behind, you are just a bit like then as kids). Anyway i took it for a bit with a dinner lady watching then she started to kick me really hard so i had enough and fought back. As soon as i landed a good hit the dinner lady then came over and dragged me to the headmaster while she got off scot free.

Ever since this is a theme that has carried on - travellers get special treatment when really they are pure scum. They steal, they're dirty, have no respect for anyone else and should be treated like any other parasites!
I agree - they are untouchable rubbish.

Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Don't ever be tempted to come to Czechland then there are lots here, as soon as Czech Republic gained entry to the EU they were queing up to come to UK, the embassy had to install a special office at the airport and everyone had to show their passports to them before checking in at the airline, this was how they helped to put a stop to it 'tho some still got through of course.

However, one big difference is that the local council leaders are much more honest and straitforward when speaking about the problems, unlike in the UK where council officials are so scarred of speaking the truth.

We regularly hear from towns where the mayor has banned them, of course that immediately generates controvosy and for some reason there is always someone who stands up and says that banning them is unfair. A lot of people on this planet live in cloud cuckoo land
Australia has the right idea and they deal very quickly with travellers........if they unhitch a caravan ANYWHERE that is not a designated site, then the caravan is towed away. End of story. No arguing, nothing.

Originally Posted by twilightwolf View Post
I personally don't feel kindness towards travellers, purely on the basis that a dog i knew was stolen from a house in a burglery and then found a few weeks later on a travellers site 70 miles up the road and being used as a pitbull. He was being kept in a tiny, cramped crate and had marks all over his body.
Thank god the police scanned him for a microchip, and discovered he was the stolen dog. He was thankfully well enough to be reunited with his family. But what was saying that the other poor "pitbull types" kept at the site had the same fate? They were probably peoples pets as well.

I try not to discriminate, but sometimes i just cannot help it. Most of the sites which travellers get on around here get completely trashed. Just up the road they smashed a farmers fence down, put the caravans on his land and proceeded to leave their toilet waste and rubbish all across the land when he left. - They also burned his wood to make a bonfire. It took a very long time to get the land back to normal, with little to no help from the council leaving him footing the bill.

It is not fair, if we went about doing this we would be prosecuted. Obviously i understand that everyone has to live somewhere - totally agree there. I just cannot get my head around how somebody has the guts to just go and wreck places when they have not paid a penny towards staying there...

Dont get me wrong, I'm sure there are some travellers/gypsies out there that do really look after there pets, but unfortunatly based upon what i have personally witnessed, seen and heard... There is an awful lot out there that do not treat them as pets at all.

Keep us updated, i really hope those dogs end up ok and have a lovely christmas somewhere they are loved. I just hope if they are taken the poor staffies are not deemed to be pitbull types or to aggressive Its a tricky one. But you did the right thing for those dogs.
That is so sad about the stolen pets - one wonders if they ever recover from such an experience.

Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
As you said in your original post these people are not gypsies, thanks for observing that point i come from a Romany background and my grandfather kept horses and dogs and loved and cared for them, true gypsies respect and value nature and animals.
Hi there greyhoundk - no, I would never link the two because they are vastly different. Every year we have true Romanies camping here, and they tether their ponies down by the river, whilst the caravans are usually strung out along the bypass. When they leave, there is absolutely nothing left behind to show that they have been there except for neatly cropped grass and a little manure from the ponies. No litter, nothing. They sell horseshoes, and craftwork and keep themselves to themselves, but are pleasant if you talk to them. Their dogs are happy and outgoing but not aggressive and the ponies have neatly shod feet and glossy coats. I am full of admiration for Romanies, and you are rightly proud of your ancestry.

Today after a fresh fall of a couple of inches more snow we went on our usual walk past the camp. The smell from the accumulating piles of human excrement on the river bank is beyond belief, and the bags of rubbish are now an added health hazard. Those dogs now actually seem to recognise us and the Alsation which always seemed friendly to me, was almost begging for attention. The two staffie types screamed briefly, but then just watched as we went past. One of them has clearly recently raised puppies.

It breaks my heart, and I don't know what to do as the RSPCA are not interested. They DO seem to be in good condition, so must be well fed. It is just not how I like to see dogs kept.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2010, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
Do 'The Travellers' and 'The Gypsy's' not like each other for other reasons or just that one gets them all tarred...?.if you know what I mean..
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2010, 08:57 PM
I know of a Kerry Blue show person who had her 2 Kerries stolen by gypsies. The police found one of them tied up to a gate near a field and took it to the vets. When the owner asked where it was found he went back to the gate in the field (now empty of gypsies) and the other dog was standing there waiting.

The dog died a month later sadly. I think it was elderly.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2010, 10:19 PM
If the smell is that bad - Environmental health should be called out! If it's hazardous and they may even kick the RSPCA into action - very lucky if they do...
If you mention to EH that children walk along these paths then that's a sure way to get them out, total different scenario but my neighbour had a leaky roof and northern counties weren't bothered but when the told EH that they had two small children they kicked NC into action straight away... they could be worth a phonecall
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
Do 'The Travellers' and 'The Gypsy's' not like each other for other reasons or just that one gets them all tarred...?.if you know what I mean..
Hi i think probably there may be a bit of friction because as you say people think gypsies and travellers are the same thing but as Bitkin says they are not.

Most gypsies would be mortified to be thought of in the same light as travellers - travellers are just that...most of them coming from Ireland. (no offence to any Irish people on here) they think they can come here and do as they like, unfortunately in this PC mad world it seems that most of the time they can, again councils etc are reluctant to move them on because of the "racist" aspect
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2010, 06:39 PM
thats GK, I just wondered because I have met A Travelling Person before and they took great offense at being called A Gypsy etc but I didnt really get or understand why at the time, they didn't elaborate, so is there an underlying 'territory' thing there? or is it just that the ethics of both groups are so different that they don't like each other?
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >