Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2005, 03:31 PM
Valid point Tuti.

I use a factor 15 and try not to stay out in the sun any longer than necessary.

The best tan is a fake one
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2005, 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by tuti
I have dark skin and I tan very easily, I barely ever burn but the absolute lowes factor I will use is 8.

If you use oil, you fry too fast, and even if it looks like you haven't burned, your skin gets dry and you either end up peeling or you lose the tan really fast.

If you use a higher factor, and tan for shorter lengths of time, over a longer perios of a couple of weeks or more, as long as you moisturize properly you will have a lovely long lasting tan

I never use any factor lower than 15 on my face.

TBH What's the point in trying to get really dark in one day, it's not worth the risk of cancer/wrinkles etc.

I have seen women who have been sunbathing constantly since they were teenagers, at the age of 30 they look about 45, their skin is like leather. It's disgusting.
Totally agree with tuti on this one and Wolfie, the best tan is the fake one, I would never sunbathe in it now, I try to keep out of it but I still seem to end up very brown.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-06-2005, 04:04 PM
OMG............... :smt089 45.....i wish i was that old again :smt089 :smt089 :smt089
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2005, 08:10 AM
Fake tan for me
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-06-2005, 08:29 AM
No would not us it or advise anyone to use it these days,...seen cases of skin cancer (including a friends husband now dead who had to have half his face removed ) Either sun cream with 15+ factor minimum or stay out of the strong sun if you can. What is wrong with skin the colour it aready is... ?
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2005, 10:03 AM
I stick to factor 30 and the kids even higher, they still tan lovely, but don't burn
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2005, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by Wolfie
The best tan is a fake one
Excellent reply, I agree with Tuti and Wolfie. When I was younger we new a lady who used to sunbathe in her greenhouse!!!! She looked disgusting.

I would rather have pale soft skin than brown leather any day. When we went to Cuba last October, I kept under the brollies(with a book) for 90% of the holiday. I still caught a tan, and you can sill see(though very very faint now) the 'white bits'
Charlie was 'Caspered' everyday and she had a beautiful tan
Alohacorso
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-06-2005, 11:04 AM
I would never use sun tanning oil. It has the potential to ruin your skin. Besides, the sun is blazing hot here almost all year round so I use 30 and my kids use 45.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2005, 08:59 PM
Sorry Hayley gonna have to say definite no on the tanning oil! There are so many young people (and I'm talking late teens early 20s) getting skin cancer these days, it's just not worth it. I always use protective screen and just stick to the fake tan!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2