Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2009, 01:38 PM

Rottweiler rescue ??

Can anyone please give me a number for Rottweiler Rescue as my friend has a dog she needs to rehome due to unforseen circumstances. She is in Essex and the only details I could find when they were rung they said they were a St Bernard Rescue not rottweiler and couldn't help.
coz
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-02-2009, 10:56 PM
hi

could try the rottweiler welfare association they will be able to point your friend in the right direction.
BWS
Listed Rescue on Dogsey

26-02-2009, 08:28 AM
hope this helps try pam davies 02087641797 or go into your vet and ask to see a copy of the dog rescue directory all vets have one and all rescues are listed there
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-02-2009, 10:16 AM
do you mean the kennel club breed rescue directory?
i didnt realise that this gets sent to all vets

actually, there are 3 other dog forums that you can go on that also list all breed and general rescues in the UK.
(not allowed to name their on here though, so just google)

and if you just type rottie rescue into google, you get a list straight off.
BWS
Listed Rescue on Dogsey

26-02-2009, 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
do you mean the kennel club breed rescue directory?
i didnt realise that this gets sent to all vets

actually, there are 3 other dog forums that you can go on that also list all breed and general rescues in the UK.
(not allowed to name their on here though, so just google)

and if you just type rottie rescue into google, you get a list straight off.
yes the kc breed rescue directory gets distributed to all vets in uk its not always on show so you may need to ask to see it I will say that there are no websites that list all breed rescues the same as the book also the ones in the kc book are recognised ie either a breed club recue or a reg charity rescue all having past checks , websites list people other than these and that sometimes can be a little dodgy
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2009, 12:01 PM
rottweilerrescuetrust.co.uk
BWS
Listed Rescue on Dogsey

26-02-2009, 04:00 PM
that rescue is not listed in the kc book ?
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-02-2009, 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by BWS View Post
yes the kc breed rescue directory gets distributed to all vets in uk its not always on show so you may need to ask to see it I will say that there are no websites that list all breed rescues the same as the book also the ones in the kc book are recognised ie either a breed club recue or a reg charity rescue all having past checks , websites list people other than these and that sometimes can be a little dodgy
Actually i have a copy of the KC book. Have done for years in my work.
The other websites that list rescues also do run some checks.
So neither is more or less comprehensive or credibility giving than the other.
The other websites probably have longer lists, as their are breed rescues not listed in the KC book, and they also list hundreds of general rescues.

It is hard to describe precisely, as im not allowed to publically mention these databases on dogsey, as they have forums attached..
Just to say i have been using these lists and the KC book in my work for many years, and as a *general* rule, they are all pretty good if you wish to find out about various rescues.
None of the lists you need to worry about anymore than the other, but all of them, including the KC book, will list an iffy rescue here and there.
A breed rescue being approved by a breed club isnt automatically the be all and end all for credibility either (although as a general rule that is good as well), as some breed rescues can be iffy too, even if in the KC book.

Not all rescues are registered charities. Not all registered charity rescues have to go thru any checks other than pure charity commission ones, as their is no licensing scheme or set standards/criteria/codes of conducts for any rescues in the UK at present, although that is due to change in a few years via the Animal Welfare Act and the work of the ADCH and CAWC.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2009, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
rottweilerrescuetrust.co.uk/
Originally Posted by BWS View Post
that rescue is not listed in the kc book ?
sorry BWS Im not sure if your post was in ref to my link,

Im not sure where the rescue is or is not listed, all I know is they are very active in the rescue and rehoming of rotties...
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2009, 07:53 PM
Thanks Everyone.
Shona my friend has already tried the number to the link you gave but they said they cannot help and no other rescue will help so she is trying to find a home for her herself but it needs to be asap as the dog cannot stay where it is.
So if anyone knows anybody who could give her a good home please pm me as soon as you can.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >