register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-02-2009, 09:58 AM
He came over for his dinner last night and we were all talking about it, he was saying how much he missed his dog, my eldest son said it would have been a case of the dogs staying, bye bye, which has always been the case in this house!!! I had one boyfriend who was jealous of my horses, never mind the dogs!!!
My youngest said that he felt it was unfair on the dog because she was just totally unprepared to interact with it at all and it was obviously very confused, so he does feel it is better of out of the situation. He said the dog had settled in his new home, like you say I would like to more than clout the girlfriend to be honest. But maybe not having been brought up with any animals she doesn't understand, I don't know at all. He is talking about us all going out for a meal when I get back from my holidays, but I don't know whether I want to speak to her at the moment, never mind see her.
lilyput
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-02-2009, 10:30 AM
Your son sounds a lovely person and I feel for him having to rehome his pup. He would be far better without the girlfriend but it isn't always so simple.

Many non-dog people just don't realise that pups are a huge commitment - the mess, the destruction and the time constraints to name but a few.

What a desperately sad story - I hope the pup finds a loving forever home very soon.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2009, 12:41 PM
I suppose it was a case of the pup going to a home where he could be appreciated, finally, but the girlfriend - hmmmmmmmmmmm - I'd have trouble to taking to her after that. Your Son must be very easygoing It may be the first nail in the coffin, if you get my meaning. I wouldn't be able to forgive her and it sounds like your Son is an animal lover, so you might find him living back at home quite soon.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2009, 01:12 PM
Sounds like that little puppy stole your son's heart June, and she obviously didn't like that one little bit did she, no, she wants to be No. 1 in his eyes. Oh the green eyed monster strikes again methinks here! He should have just dumped her and kept his little puppy, but seeing as he kept her instead, maybe it won't be long before he realises if you have no love in your heart for a tiny little puppy, what hope has he got???!!! I only like animal lovers, so tell him to go find one of those and dump this heartless b*tch! Sorry, but it gets up my nose that she's managed to control him like this! Maybe you should go to that lunch June and get your revenge for that poor little innocent puppy who only wanted a nice loving home! I do hope he's found his forever home now though, but I also wish your son had been allowed the priveledge - tcht some women!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2009, 01:22 PM
I'm glad the pup has got a new home, but dog lover as I am, I can possibly see the girlfriend's point of view.

Out of the two of them, who was it who was expected to clean up after the pup, feed it and be with it the majority of the time? I could be wrong, but I'm guessing that it could've been the girlfriend? If so, I think she'd been pressured into a situation of which she had no idea beforehand how hard work it would be and if she is truly not a doggy person (though I do hold that slightly against her!) she'd have all of the 'pain' without gaining any of the pleasure.

Of course, if your boyfriend did all the puppy work himself and all he expected of the girlfriend was for her to try to like the pup, I take it all back.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2009, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by lilyput View Post
Your son sounds a lovely person and I feel for him having to rehome his pup. He would be far better without the girlfriend but it isn't always so simple.

Many non-dog people just don't realise that pups are a huge commitment - the mess, the destruction and the time constraints to name but a few.

What a desperately sad story - I hope the pup finds a loving forever home very soon.
Exactly what I wanted to say.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-02-2009, 04:06 PM
[QUOTE= so you might find him living back at home quite soon.[/QUOTE]
I've already got the eldest back home please don't wish that on me much as I love them both, one at a time is quite enough for me thank you
He has already said to me that he would stay in the house if they split up because he really loves the house and wants to buy it if it ever comes on the market. He did everything for him, I know he was up at 6.30am every morning to walk him before work and then he took him out when he got home from work, and he was always texting me asking me things about stopping him chewing (i.e. where do I get marrow bones from how long have we had dogs??? ) I know the pup made a mess and chewed the skirting boards and stuff, but he was quite philosophical about it and said he was buying new skirting boards, so I think it was because she couldn't cope with it all because she had never been there before (one litter of pups I bred chewed the phone wires and destroyed our whole phone system ) he knew exactly what he was taking on and she went along with it to please him and when push came to shove she couldn't hack it. I did advise him to go for an older dog, which was the original plan, but like I say this poor pup came along that desperately needed someone and he took him on. I asked him last night how the pup had settled in with his new owner and he said he was fine, you could tell he was still upset because he really didn't want to talk about him much, just said he missed him and tried to stick up for his girlfriend when my eldest son said she should have gone
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2