Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2008, 09:52 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
Just out of interest, if a dog is not normally fed raw is it ok to give them raw tripe? I've seen a couple of threads saying that you must never give cooked and raw at the same time as they are digested differently (I think that was the reason). Max is fed complete but does get cooked chicken, beef and fish etc for some meals so I am just wondering how that would effect him?
TBH Isla was raised as a pup eating raw and dry food in the same meal (minced beef, tripe, chicken etc + Arden Grange) and she never had a problem with it! But yes a lot of people say not to do it.

I think as long as you feed the raw in one meal and the dry in another you should be fine.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2008, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
TBH Isla was raised as a pup eating raw and dry food in the same meal (minced beef, tripe, chicken etc + Arden Grange) and she never had a problem with it! But yes a lot of people say not to do it.

I think as long as you feed the raw in one meal and the dry in another you should be fine.
Thanks for that, I was just curious about it!

I'll see if I can bring myself to do it, many years ago our dogs used to get tripe and I can still remember the smell:smt078 . They loved it though!
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2008, 09:57 PM
Jamie has tripe and mixer together and so far so good.... (raw tripe and wholemeal mixer) Infact a dog that had soft poo when he was on canned has normal poo on tripe
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2008, 09:58 PM
I gave Asta it as a puppy,first of all I used to cook it in the micro but the house was reeking off it.Then I gave her it raw and she loved it just as much,xxxxxxxxxx
frenchie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-02-2008, 06:04 AM
Do those of you who feed tripe give it as a whole meal? I home cook for my Frenchie and I add about 2 tablespoons to her food each night. I had never thought about giving her a whole meal of it till now. I'm sure she would love it though.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2008, 06:40 AM
I give tripe as a whole meal and they love it, but you can, I believe, add it to food as well.... Green tripe is the best, though it is a bit smelly if you're not used to it, even stinkier when cooked
frenchie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-02-2008, 08:20 AM
Thanks for that! Oh boy, the SMELL ~ enough to make one gag! How often do you give it as a whole meal... could they, say, have it every other day, and when you serve it that way, do you add anything at all to it? Sorry for all the questions!
RudeDog
Dogsey Junior
Male 

05-02-2008, 08:41 PM
Natty has 4 days in a row of raw green tripe & mixer.Then 2 days of cooked mince chicken or beef.Sometimes some raw white fish for a couple of days. I don't really have a set routine. Must say though he wallops the tripe down and chases his bowl round the room followed by a loud belch.lol. I've never fed him tinned or dry food. He always has perfect poo, easy to pick up & bag.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2008, 11:00 AM
I got some minced tripe and tried it yesterday - just a little in with their normal (dry) food.
The GSD threw up
The Hound refused to touch it
and the GSP...well, he`ll eat anything.

Is this normal? Shall I bin it or try again?
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3