Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 08:04 PM

do dogs get hyper active like kids??

ok bens mate sam, hes just a total looney. zooms around like a freight train with no brakes. well normally ben heads him away from (good herder is ben) but sam was just going too fast this afternoon, and i was in the way. i went flying. luckily it was a soft landing. i now ache like mad but other than that should be ok.
but after that he was put on the lead and he went totally hyper, do dogs get A.D.H.D ?????
i think if he had his bits removed he would eventually calm down.ben was a nutter when he was younger, but now hes so laid back.
so from thursday, sam is having on-lead walks. just to let him now whos the boss.
hes such a lovely boy but very bouncy.
i keep saying to his mum to come on here.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 08:27 PM
Spencers awful, he gets food aggresion if he eats certain brands and if he eats others he flies round the room like a whirling dervish.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 09:29 PM
i really dont know what happened there. first of all it wouldnt load and when it did it was 3 replys all the same????
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2008, 10:53 AM
According to my friend, who does dog grooming and boarding, my Pepper has ADHD! She had her for 2 weeks while we were on holiday and she hardly sat still for the whole time!

She'd take Pepper out for walks with her 4 Elkhounds and Finnish Spitz and when they got back they'd all be relaxed and Pepper would still be bouncing around wanting to play! To be honest I think it was the excitement of staying with all her friends as she's not quite *that* bad at home.

J
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2008, 11:26 AM
bens pal gets so excited when he sees ben he just goes loopy. and ben spends most of his time 1 trying to keep up with sam. and 2 trying to hear him away from us, he dont do brakes as i found out to my expense.
i still think if he had a couple of items removed he would calm down
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2008, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by bens mum View Post
i still think if he had a couple of items removed he would calm down
So what's Pepper's excuse???

J
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2008, 11:38 AM
raging hormones LOL
it took ben quite a while to calm down about 18mths. now hes a laid back dawg.
Foo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-10-2008, 01:21 PM
Magik my Vizsla is known as 'The tail with the waggiest dog' Shes a complete fruitloop! My vet has stated he wants a riot shield for her next visit and its so embarrasing as all my others work and/or compete in things requiring control and dignity but Magik has no self control! It took 2 of us over 20 minutes to measure her for a coat! If you hold her collar she does her famous Hungarian Death Roll which traps your fingers and hurts like hell. If you stroke her she flips about into a fit like state & break-dances around your feet before zooming off like a possessed idiot.. but as soon as she hears the stop whistle she goes down, so something is remembered! She's broken my nose before when I stroked her and she flung herself into my face, legs in the air and bicycling on her back! She is also a skinny minnie and a nightmare to get any weight on which is really embarassing. I tend to not take her out publicly and if it wasnt for the fact that all my others are nicely trained and obedient and the correct weight id seriously doubt my ability lol My vet said shes 'Simply lost the plot' Not helpful but true! When I go out my OH says why dont you take magik and leave her there!! My mother wont look after her as she almost kneecapped her last visit! As some of you know we keep birds of prey, Magik is the only dog stupid enough to go up and take food from a hawks feet lol She got footed across her nose and eventually escaped the grip only to go back and do it again!
Wouldnt get rid of her for all the money in the world tho!