Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2017, 10:05 AM

Daily Thread; Thursday 28th December

Happy Twixmas everyone.

-6 here last night according to my neighbours readings there is ice and frost but now snow I have seen yet.

Plan on a trip to the building society an maybe a mooch aroun the shops tso not much actually. On my return may start to read one of my Christmas books, - who knows descisions descisions.
Having Salmon with sweet&sour noodles for tea tonight. Maybe hot melt in the middle chocolate pudding for afters who knows.

Mom is up an dresssed, eating toast for breakfast she has become a fan of toasted fruit loaf with blackcurrant preserve. However may call doctor in to check her out, as she has slept 2 full days through plus a good part of Christmas day and night. Would like them to check there is no underlying reason like an infection, and it was simply the cold you can never be sure with older people very little symptoms it appears.

Brenda HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2017, 10:20 AM
Morning Kazz & all who follow
Very cold & frosty here overnight too but no snow. Hope your Mum is ok, there’s been so much going round. Your tea sounds very healthy so pudding def ok
We might be going into town later, was going back to Slimming World this morning to asses the damage but lLiam is going home this afternoon so decided I’d prefer to spend time with him, my excuse & I’m sticking to it
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-12-2017, 10:27 AM
Morning Kazz & those who follow.
Hope everyone’s festivities went well and your Mum gets checked out ok Kazz. It’s easy for older people to get infections from being run down or dehydrated.

I had a long day yesterday, had friends round for lunch but had been awake since 2.30 when one of the dogs decided to bark. I’d prepped the veg the night before and poly bagged them in the fridge. Turns out this made the spuds look nasty so had to peel another lot and they started to break up when boiled so I just couldn’t win! Luckily I had a bag of M&S frozen new potatoes to fall back on. At the last minute OH decided to supervise the roast beef which was going along quite well so I left him to it. It turned out well in the end and we’re all still stuffed. If I can get away with it I’ll be doing as little as possible today apart from washing a dog bed that one of the dogs has puked on from, it appears, eating a raggy toy.
Hope all absent posters are ok and happy birthday Brenda.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2017, 10:32 AM
Happy birthday Brenda, have a wonderful day!!!
Mandy...stay away from slimming world Lol
Kazz, maybe a water infection? that's how i used to get, sleep for england i used to
Oh dear Twix, pleased the meal turned out o.k....sorry about the puked on bed
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2017, 11:45 AM
Good morning everyone

Happy Birthday Brenda hope you have a good day.

Pleased you had a good night last night Griff and no hangover this morning

Do hope mum is ok Kazz but a quick check by the doctor is a good idea. Congratulations of the new addition to the family

Enjoy your day with Liam Mandy and slimming world can wait a week!

Sorry you have extra washing to do Twix but they know how to keep us busy.

Very front here early on but fortunately the roads were dry so no ice on them but the paths were a slightly different matter. Shopping done for weekend and a few bits for the freezer for when I get back and that is all I plan in doing today except walking Teazle again.

Hope all two and four legged are keeping well

Hve a good day and stay safe and warm
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2017, 07:58 PM
Hello all
Had a great day with Liam, we walked into town. Didn’t need anything just fancied a walk and a Costa
We had a roast chicken dinner, am stuffed now
Liam has just left to drive home. I shall miss him, but him & Sarah are hoping to come back for a weekend when my Mum comes to stay.

Kazz hope your Mum is feeling better soon, maybe the doctor will give her something to make her feel better.
Oh heck Twix, very glad the meal turned out ok, hope the dog is ok now too, they do like to keep us busy
Griff I stayed away from SW will be back next week
Brenda hope you having a fab birthday
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-12-2017, 09:33 PM
Good evening all (2&4). Hope that a good festive time has been had by one and all and that the forthcoming new year brings good fortune to all and an improvement for anyone suffering ill health.
I notice that Brenda is having her 30th birthday today. Best wishes to you dear girl, hope you had an excellent time. Did you have a homeopathic birthday cake - if so please post a picture - as I've never seen one!
Things have rolled along here pretty much as normal we never have guests over Christmas so have just each other for company, which in truth is very much our preference. Boxing Day saw our usual invite to a cocks only day on a neighbouring shoot and as old Gypsy passed her veterinary check up with flying colours the other week, she accompanied me. She always seems to come up trumps and put in a really polished performance (despite being the oldest dog in the field and certainly very different to the usual compliment of expensive gundogs). Her reward was a good warm towelling down on our return home and a pound of diced shin beef topped with two eggs, following which she slept through till ten the following morning but showed no signs of stiffness when she did decide to get up - something which pleased me no end. Seems there really is life in the old dog yet! lol !
Take care all - I do promise to try and find more time from somewhere to be an increased contributor in the New Year, bye fer now, G.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-12-2017, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by Mandyuk1 View Post
Brenda hope you having a fab birthday
From me too. Bit late but I misread the 2 hours as two days.
Need new glasses!
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2017, 10:14 PM
Evening LG good to see you on here & well done Gypsy on passing her vet check & glad you had a good Christmas
Hopefully will see you more soon, miss you on here
Besoeker it’s normally me that misreads

Hope everyone is ok tonight
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-12-2017, 10:55 PM
Thankyou everyone for your good wishes and Gordon how clever of you to know how old I am.bg!! So good to have you back. My birthday cake came all the way from Hamburg. Very nice it was to. Suffice to say lots was drunk and food eaten at a very nice place called The Longshore. Well time is marching and if I have to keep looking this young must get some shut eye. Night all.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >