View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
spot
Dogsey Veteran

09-10-2015, 07:20 AM

Watchdog and the puppy farmers

Hopefully last nights programme made a few more people aware of the evil that is done in these places and the importance of researching where your puppy comes from!

Everyone should be trying to educate the public about the scum that breed these dogs.

For those that didnt see it, it's now available on BBC iplayer
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...s-36-episode-1
Starts around 30 mins in.

Please watch and spread the word
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-10-2015, 09:09 AM
I saw it and also they are asking people to get in touch with them if they have info regarding anyone who is involved in this. I came across an appalling story this week and I'm going to see if I can get enough info to pass over to them, it will be next week now, if I can get it at all that is, because I made my views very clear when I found out about it,so they may not be very forthcoming, am trying to work out a reason I want the info
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-10-2015, 12:09 PM
I saw most of the item but I didn't hear where the puppy farm was situated

It doesn't matter how much you warn people about puppy farms, the 'I want it and I want it now' brigade will still buy from them creating a market for poorly bred and imported litters .
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

09-10-2015, 01:31 PM
I watched it on I player and I'm bewildered, she knew the conditions weren't right and she knew the puppy was sick so why on earth did she buy it?
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2015, 02:59 PM
Heart ruling head. Some people find it difficult to walk away.
Sadly all the time these places are given a licence by councils and vetted by 'vets' then they continue to be able to do this. I think there have been lots of programmes on this but nothing ever seems to get done. I did get one person closed down by walking away and getting him closed down but not sure if it was what I did or that he was caught anyway. For me as a trainer and dealing with behaviour of many breeds of dog we can only help the owners once they have come to us.
kitla
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-10-2015, 08:39 AM
Apparently in Sweden anyone who breeds a dog must
first have a licence, and breeders are financially responsible for the puppies health for the first
couple of years. They dont have any dog problems
there! I'm not sure how accurate that is but in essence their strict laws control things like this, whereas we are very wishy washy about changing rules here. Perhaps
the watchdog programme will stir up enough support to
make some changes, but the cynic in me thinks they'll
be so vague that these breeders will find a way round
them.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

28-10-2015, 09:13 AM
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
I saw most of the item but I didn't hear where the puppy farm was situated :?

It doesn't matter how much you warn people about puppy farms, the 'I want it and I want it now' brigade will still buy from them creating a market for poorly bred and imported litters .
Stockport Meg.

I agree, it does not matter if you continually shout it from the rooftops about PF , people will still go and buy from them.

Lets be honest, there is enough information out there to warn you of this sort of thing, people will ignore it because they decide they want a pup today and don't want to wait till tomorrow to get it.

Supply and demand, the demand must be there for them to supply.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

28-10-2015, 09:20 AM
The first thing ANYONE should look out for is to see pup with mum, there is no excuse not to know this, its out there, its top of the list of things to look out for, yet people still ignore this, they will swallow any excuse given as to why mum is not there, I don`t believe that so many people can be so gullible and don`t know this, its hammered home on every website (reputable) and by every organisation, people either ignore it or believe what they are told, because they don`t want to walk away from taking that cute pup home.

The other aspect is cost, PF are not stupid, they cost the pup as slightly a lower price than you would pay for a reputable one to draw the punters.

You could plaster the message all over the TV , Radio, Internet, and newspaper on a daily basis, and it wont make a bit of difference.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2015, 09:37 AM
Sadly sometimes the apparent mum is not the puppies mother.