Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2018, 05:37 AM

Dogsey Daily chat Wednesday 18th July 2018

Morning, yep up early as it is going to be another warm one. Or should that be a hot one? Lynn I like the middle one of the three. Downham Market. Have a good day all. Off to lunch today with my daughter who has just got back from a very hot holiday in Valencia.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2018, 06:43 AM
Morning Brenda, have a lovely lunch
Harvey, it's our fence and part of the neighbours..it's the top fence so the one that keeps the dogs in
Thanks Chris, all I seem to do is take her to the vets to get lumps off lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-07-2018, 06:59 AM
Morning brenda, griff and all who follow.

griff good luck with Dakota. brenda enjoy your lunch.

Not feeling hopeful for the three viewings today 2 slightly over budget the 3rd way over.
So have the feeling we will be severing our contract and staying put and maybe review it next spring. We will do some viewings before marketing we have decided never done that before then we will know what price we need to market at and achieve before accepting a market price. We are quite cross as we now feel we are so undervalued. You at least need to be able to get as good as you have surely not go backwards.

Have a cold, and sore throat today stress or possibly picked something up from one of those filthy houses.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2018, 08:18 AM
Aw Lynn gargle with salty water or tcp. Take Care. Maybe have a rest from the viewings for now. I am on here looking for a new shed. Minefield. Griff if Kota starts to scratch at her stitches then maybe socks on her feet will help. Just a thought.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2018, 11:10 AM
Thanks Brenda, to be fair, that dog may be a nightmare in some ways but with stitches...she has always been good, I never use a collar with her .
Steve's been on about doing the kitchen for ages, finally I may have motivated him lol...he is now on about painting the kitchen cabinets too, I only meant paint the walls and replace the tiles lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-07-2018, 03:08 PM
Afternoon oh yes brenda will do that great believer in salt water for gargling mum use to make us do it when we were little.
Kota's a good girl leaving stitches along griff. Another good tip is a tee shirt.

Well first bungalow nice garden and drive but small and no hallway Gorden cannot get his head round that. So off the list.
Second bungalow lovely big light airy could really make it work. But small garden and built behind the back fence a big house no windows that side but you would sit in your garden looking at a grey brick wall. Sit in your dining room which had patio door into garden looking at a big grey brick wall.
Third bungalow small lovely garden back and front nice drive but bungalow to small for us especially when people visit. did have a nice back gate onto a footpath but we couldn't make the building work for us.
If we could of moved first and third gardens to bungalow number two we might of had a deal.

Gorden has rang agent and told them we have exhausted within our budget and a little above so to be fair to the buyer we are pulling out and staying put for now. Also because they need to get their daughter into school by September and we feel we have been undervalued several agents have told us that's probably why we had 5 viewings with 5 offers in 5 days because everything out there for that price is cr*p. Excuse my french.
If we decide to remarket next year we will visit some properties before hand try not to fall in love with them get a valuation then say for anything decent we have to achieve this price range otherwise no point marketing.

Some good news Michael had a teaching tester day today at an English language school in Madrid. From September he will be teaching English to Spanish and possibly other foreighn language students.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2018, 03:56 PM
Afternoon all.

Lynn I think they sounds like the best option; and now you know you have a brilliant house within your price range.......and you also have lovely neighbours. Can you now do what you were going to consider doing to the house if the car parking had sorted.

Brenda how lovely to have a lunch out with your daughter she will wonder if she is still in Valencia with the weather here.Hope you both enjoyed the meal and catch up.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2018, 04:47 PM
Lynn, I think you had little choice other than to withdraw from the market at this point. At least you know where you stand between now and next spring. I am also giving up on moving as things stand at the moment!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-07-2018, 05:14 PM
Awww Moyra. Turned out to be a disappointing day the second bungalow had so much to offer but we both agreed the brick wall of the house at the end of the garden we would not be able to ignore it. We had thought about adding trellis and growing stuff up it but that being a house and this a bungalow you couldn't get away form the eye sore.
I reckon she may well of accepted our offer to there has been very little interest and she was very excited when the agent rang to say there was a viewing.
We knew if we took the chance and moved within weeks that wall would annoy us so much and we would be wishing we hadn't done it. We got back here and walked up the garden and then looked down the garden and we have an uninterrupted view for 130 feet.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-07-2018, 06:08 PM
Lynn
Estate agents are always after a quick sale so might not stick to the proper house value. Your house- your selling- your price not estate agents. So what I would do is tell the agent what you want for the property .
if you had number of views at the agents valuation I have no doubt they undervalued it.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >