Daily Thread, Tuesday 13 March

Good morning all.

Thought I'd give it a go starting this thing off
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2018, 09:38 AM
Good morning everyone

Lynn sorry the planning has had to be resubmitted but like you say one person can get it altered but thousands don't stand a chance. Here they are building newly 400 houses with thousands of objections not taken into account and now another firm wants to build another 160 homes on a site of scientific interest, floods and access is down single lane roads. Again no notice is being taken of locals or even organisations like the highways agency. The local water company has said there is no capacity in the sewage system to cope with the extra building. No one knows the affect the first lot of houses will have but already the main road is in chaos with queues either way for long periods of time at all times of the day. The latest application is outside the permitted development area also. Plenty of other suitable areas but then they are not near the sea. Ok rant over

Lovely morning here and forecast to be good for the next couple of days then more cold weather on its way. Roll on summer.

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2018, 10:57 AM
Morning all
Dry here at the moment, a bit dull but the dogs are enjoying going in and out of the garden...i am not impressed at having to keep getting up Lol
think i will just have a day at home today
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2018, 12:58 PM
Not too bad here, but overcast and very, very sludgy underfoot.

The main objections to planning here are not against houses, but caravan parks. There are literally thousands upon thousands of caravans already, but still we get more parks.

The doctors' surgeries can't cope with appointments being up to 8 weeks in advance. The local hospital is over 30 miles away and has a total of under 400 beds. Nowhere near enough to cope with the area without the influx of tourists. The water table is high and we get lots of flood warnings, but the roads are appalling so getting out would be a major problem anyway, and yet the caravan sites keep trying to get 12 month opening.

Police, fire and ambulances are just overloaded and can't cope. Social services is a joke.

Lovely place to live, but needs drastic action to keep it a safe place to live
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-03-2018, 04:53 PM
Afternoon Chris, Sue and griff.

Been a dry here today. Mark and Lauren not long left after a visit bringing my belated mothers day cards and presents. Chocolates a purse and notebook and a keyring.
Always lovely to see them with or without gifts.

Gave Peter a call today to see how Gill was. She is slipping in and out still on the 5ml 4 times a day oramorph. Peter says when she starts to come round she gets agitated so they are keeping her in a low satte of sedation I suppose.
Neill and Linda went back to Wales sorted work and Jacks school and are now back in Essex.
I will as planned pop in Friday and see her after seeing Julie. Expecting to find her worse than Saturday.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.