Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-12-2017, 08:48 PM

Newest Embark DNA test results

It's time for another Embark results thread

Widget
100% American Pit Bull Terrier
https://embarkvet.com/dog/queenmakeda

Predicted weight was 52lbs (just like my last female) but she is nearly full grown and 27lbs. She will fill out some more and end up a little heavier, but she will never be 52lbs.

She's seal with a little bit of white. Her color genetics is exactly as I expected AyAy Bb DD EmE Kbky. Which means she's genetically dominant black, carries liver (called red nose in my breed, her dad is chocolate so no brainer there), doesn't carry dilute (blue), genetically is masked (can't see that with her color, but her mom has one so I knew likely).

Her 20 generation calculated coefficient of inbreeding is 12.8%, but Embarks genetic calculation is 9%. She does lack MHC II gene diversity.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2017, 12:25 PM
Shouldn't all these facts and figures be on Azz'S Breeda site? Seems more appropriate.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-12-2017, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Shouldn't all these facts and figures be on Azz'S Breeda site? Seems more appropriate.
They can be posted on both sites as all dogs are welcome on Dogsey
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-12-2017, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by Bulldogs4Life View Post
It's time for another Embark results thread

Widget
100% American Pit Bull Terrier
https://embarkvet.com/dog/queenmakeda

Predicted weight was 52lbs (just like my last female) but she is nearly full grown and 27lbs. She will fill out some more and end up a little heavier, but she will never be 52lbs.

She's seal with a little bit of white. Her color genetics is exactly as I expected AyAy Bb DD EmE Kbky. Which means she's genetically dominant black, carries liver (called red nose in my breed, her dad is chocolate so no brainer there), doesn't carry dilute (blue), genetically is masked (can't see that with her color, but her mom has one so I knew likely).

Her 20 generation calculated coefficient of inbreeding is 12.8%, but Embarks genetic calculation is 9%. She does lack MHC II gene diversity.
Genetics are very interesting. I would have loved to have tried this with my two.
Bulldogs4Life
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-12-2017, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
I have posted to both sites, I have been s member of both for years and usually cross post as not all members are on both forums.

Originally Posted by Carole View Post
Genetics are very interesting. I would have loved to have tried this with my two.
Its always fun to get the results back.