Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-11-2017, 03:21 PM

Yet another bazza brainwave

As you know we have 4 huge oak trees in the garden and just about got rid of the acorns on the grass.

My problem was getting the petrol leaf blower behind the shrubs around the border as it had a straight nozzle.
Therefore would only blow forward .

Thinking cap on then off to Wickes with the lower nozzle half.

My idea is why not fit a pipe bend on the end and tape it into position. Got the bend and taped everthing up and wayhay it worked . I could now get behind the shrubs and blow the leaves onto the grass. 2 huge bags full at the moment
What I was not expecting was the side force and a battle to keep the blower pointing where I wanted.

Blower pipe end with bend .Cost about £2 against £14/16 for other blower makes, and they don't even do sideways ones only scoop types
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-11-2017, 03:44 PM
It’s good when a plan comes together. Sometimes it’s the simplest things that make a difference.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2017, 04:32 PM
What a great idea................sometimes common sense and a bit of "heath robinson" thought is needed.