View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2013, 02:00 PM
I'm sorry, what a shocking result. Do hope things go well & that Tonks is still with you in a good few years time. Try to take each day as it comes & enjoy Tonks. Lots of HEALING thoughts to Tonks & you.
TazJas
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-12-2013, 06:05 PM
Sending hugs x
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2013, 07:32 PM
Thank you. Well she's come off the atopic and is itchy already, bumping her bum down the stairs and chewing her feet. Desperately trying to sort out new carpet and clean sofa cushion covers as well as waiting for her new faux leather bed and vet bed to arrive in the hope that that will make a difference for her.
Mattie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-12-2013, 07:47 PM
Horses and ponies with sweet itch wear lightweight rugs that cover their neck and head during the sweet itch season, can you get pyjamas for Tonks that are lightweight cotton to cover her.

I can't find that book but hopefully I will recognise it on Amazon.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2013, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Horses and ponies with sweet itch wear lightweight rugs that cover their neck and head during the sweet itch season, can you get pyjamas for Tonks that are lightweight cotton to cover her.

I can't find that book but hopefully I will recognise it on Amazon.
Do you think that would work Mattie? Wouldn't dust mites just go under it? The bed has been dispatched so hopefully that will be here soon, and I've got a quote for a new carpet both of which I'm sure will help. I've also found a site called the itchy dog, so I'm going to read up on some of their articles.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-12-2013, 09:00 AM
Catrin, here is a link to Dr Karen Becker's article on dust mite allergies, which might be of help.

Dust Mite Allergies
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2013, 02:09 PM
Thanks Malka, I'll have a read. She's very happy at the moment, just been for a long walk in the new forest so she's snoozing now.
Mattie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-12-2013, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Do you think that would work Mattie? Wouldn't dust mites just go under it? The bed has been dispatched so hopefully that will be here soon, and I've got a quote for a new carpet both of which I'm sure will help. I've also found a site called the itchy dog, so I'm going to read up on some of their articles.
Have short pile Catrin, it will be easier to keep the dust out of it, I am getting rid of my carpets because I am allergic to dust mites. Don't use a duster, a damp cloth or a feather duster were the dust sticks to it.

I don't know if that will work for Tonks but it would have to cover her legs and neck as well and be close fitting.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2013, 04:23 PM
So sorry to hear this, it's such a shock to the system when you get news like this.

I presume the lumps aren't operable? What types of cancer are they, if you don't mind me asking?

Poor you and poor Tonks.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2013, 04:28 PM
Sorry, just saw this and that they have been removed.

Did they biopsy the lumps before removing them? Reason I ask is that they can take bigger margins, if possible, when removing the lumps if they know they're cancerous beforehand. But you probably know that already.

Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
All the lumps have been removed Tang....but it's wether they return or not...and if all of it was removed. .... And the likelyhood of her developing more.
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >