Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2008, 12:07 AM
Originally Posted by crestnut View Post
Thank Goodness This thread has been brought back again. Recently I had the misfortune to stumble across DLR site. What a shocker I totally agree with all the posts on here condemning it.
I emailed them regarding the pictures in their Gallery. Now I know for a fact that some of the pics are of Show Dogs and probably from Ethical Responsible Breeders.
I got told the copyright of the pics had been bought by them.
I am now in the middle of trying to get KC to do something about this as these pics would have probably been taken at shows.
Debbie maybe you could give me the name of the photographer as I have already asked.
Some of the photos are by Alan Seymour. He is an OurDogs (paper) photographer as he was at Crufts this year.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2008, 12:08 AM
Originally Posted by megan57collies View Post
OMG, I'm disgusted. Just looked on the litters page and seen someone I know advertising puppies for sale. Will be having words with them.

Could you find out for everyone`s benefit what checks were done by DLRC on any litters the breeder has registered with them in terms of health and ancestry etc ? [ then have the `words` ]
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2008, 12:11 AM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post

Could you find out for everyone`s benefit what checks were done by DLRC on any litters the breeder has registered with them in terms of health and ancestry etc ? [ then have the `words` ]
Yes, no problem
I see on the website that you don't have to register as advertising is free. I will phone them tomorrow. I don't want to say which litter it is as this person is a friend but also don't want to give certain people the heads up

Also noticed there's a litter of white staffis for sale. Wander if they bother getting them tested as a high chance of deafness.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2008, 12:55 AM
Is this the Rottie one that I think I vaguely saw mentioned earlier ?

http://zorgsrotties.mysite.wanadoo-m....uk/page6.html
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2008, 01:42 AM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
Is this the Rottie one that I think I vaguely saw mentioned earlier ?

http://zorgsrotties.mysite.wanadoo-m....uk/page6.html
It is yes.

Also, re the photo`s in the DLRC gallery, notably the Alan Seymour photo`s, according to his website he retains copyright therefore has not sold it - some of the DLRC gallery photo`s are from Alan Seymours site where his copyright retention notice is clear to see.

For instance the Wire Fox Terrier pups photo is actually from here :

http://seymourdogs.fpic.co.uk/c900675.html

Sally the Rottie original source photo :

http://seymourdogs.fpic.co.uk/c160031.html

The Shiba Inu puppy original source photo

http://seymourdogs.fpic.co.uk/c192836.html
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2008, 02:17 AM
Originally Posted by megan57collies View Post
Yes, no problem
I see on the website that you don't have to register as advertising is free. I will phone them tomorrow. I don't want to say which litter it is as this person is a friend but also don't want to give certain people the heads up

Also noticed there's a litter of white staffis for sale. Wander if they bother getting them tested as a high chance of deafness.
Highly unlikely given that they have bred white to white
I wonder if the DLRC representative knows the age at which congenital deafness in Staffies is usually apparent... [ don`t anyone give any hints, lets see what she comes up with - and the response will likely be fairly clear if the answer was just googled for - no mention of it on the DLRC site though, wonder if it will be added - along with all the other congenital health issues for various breeds especially those for which pre-mating testing is available... ]

Interesting entry in the stud dog section, it states "Age: Aberdeenshire"

Is Aberdeenshire code for a numerical date

A one year old Stud offered there, apparently his grand sire was a crufts winner in 2000 - which one would that be ? And surely it would make the stud a KC registered pedigree ? Any endorsements on him ? Health tests ? .....

As for the Yorkie - if people have a google for the breeders pre-fix... I have drawn my own conclusion on that one from the numerous results ...
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2008, 08:21 AM
*Passes huge bowl, just right for sitting down to after an evenings training, plenty of bread rolls available and condiments are on the table in the corner, enjoy*

So Shona, , I take it you have`nt heard anything good about DLRC, as in Dog Lovers Registration Club ?

*snicker*

One of the soft coated wheatens that came to the training club's Grandad turned out to be a STAFFY *snigger snigger* that said it was a pssss poor example of a Soft coated wheaten so why would they bother reg it with the KC, thats what the DLRC is for aint it

Aledgedly somone else checked there DLRC reg{ coughs } online, turns out its ggf was now wait for it!!!..........................................Dru m roll....................
A beutiful ped,,,,,,GOAT

JUST A THOGUHT ANY STEW TODAY,,only ask as the shat seems thick on this dlrc thing,, thick makes stew
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2008, 12:37 PM

Interesting entry in the stud dog section, it states "Age: Aberdeenshire"

Is Aberdeenshire code for a numerical date
Change all the letters to numbers, add them together, and times them by 2!
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2008, 02:17 PM
Good one guy's you now boosted it to page one third down on AOL search.
Is there any soup left for a wee one?
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2008, 02:25 PM
My goodness there`s hours of amusement on this thread. I can understand why the goat was registered though. It was looking for his two brothers.
Page 17 of 21 « First < 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 > Last »